Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default ASUS to launch mATX Rampage II Gene

Quote:
It will feature both SLI and CrossFire support, as well as two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots, one x4 slot and one PCI 2.2 slot. It will still feature six DIMMs, software driven X-Fi sound from ADI and also includes current RoG features like TweakIT; this will now be configurable from the keyboard instead of just from directly on the motherboard - making it far easier to access OC settings on the fly.

The general RoG features in the current Rampage II Extreme are closely mirrored on the Gene series, although we have had hints that there are some changes in design.
Source/Full Article

Old February 11, 2009, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh good find Chilly, this is pretty big looks as if DFI's move with their board has created a whole new market in the SFF. We love our big rigs the problem is getting it to a lan and usually have to settle with less than average performing mATX boards, this a great move in the right direction, lets just hope the performance is as good.

Regards,

EE
Old February 11, 2009, 06:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

So beautiful.

Interesting how they incorporated the "SupremeFX" onto the board itself.
Old February 11, 2009, 06:45 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Very good find... whenever I've gone to the ROG (Asus) website in the past several weeks it still says "Under construction"... I want some new enthusiast motherboards to come out dang it, hehe.
Old February 11, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did you guys notice?

Socket 1366/775 mounting holes I know for some water cooling guys (cough Dtek) will make them very happy.

EE
Old February 11, 2009, 08:16 AM
Banned
F@H

Ah, yes, so nice to see MATX Crossfire/SLI boards...heh...I was gonna skip i7, but with both DFI and ASUS in the high-end MATX scene, just might have to build a new HTPC/Gaming machine...
Old February 11, 2009, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is pure awesomeness. I think my next computer will be an mATX HTPC with i7 (32 nm though). I won't get this for a while though. There's literally no extra room for other components on there.
Old February 13, 2009, 06:06 PM
Top Prospect

DO WANT.

Looks like a great board! If it can come into a suitable price range (say around 200) then DFI will definitely have some heavy competition on their hands. Perhaps this will be the new P5E-VM HDMI?
Old February 13, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

That has to be some of the best tech pr0n I have seen in awhile. I'm not usually interested in mATX (esp i7 mehs)....but DAM its freaking drop dead gorgeous!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 13, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hmm wouldn't a double slot GPU render the 2nd PCI-E slot useless?