Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2007, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Real Car Gauges connected to PC via USB for Racing Sim

"If you are a fan of racing sims like Live for Speed or GTR2, you will love this video. This guy has somehow taken a set of gauges from a real car and connected them to his PC via a mass of wire and a USB cable. When he taps the pedal in the game, the real gauges on his desktop respond. What you see here is a complete gauge cluster including a fuel gauge, tachometer and speedometer. The gauge you see with the 0 and 1 that moves around a lot appears to be a boost gauge for a turbo or supercharger. I have no idea how the guy pulled this off or how much it cost him to do it, but that is way cool. i would love a set of these to go along with my Logitech G25 racing wheel."

More @ Everything USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton