Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   VR-Zone & EVGA Forums - EVGA X58 SLI Classified - NF200 Monster! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/13620-vr-zone-evga-forums-evga-x58-sli-classified-nf200-monster.html)

zlojack January 8, 2009 07:01 AM

VR-Zone & EVGA Forums - EVGA X58 SLI Classified - NF200 Monster!

EVGA X58 SLI Classified Preview - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=716976&mpage=1&key=򯂰

NAKED BOARD
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5...ssifiedcs1.jpg

TWO-WAY SLI
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5...ssifiedch5.jpg

3-WAY SLI + SOUND CARD + PhysX
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2...assifedme3.jpg

Quote:

A new X58 Motherboard makes itís debut: The EVGA X58 SLI Classified:
First letís take a look at the specs of this Motherboard:
CPU Socket:

• Socket LGA1366 for Intel Bloomfield processor
  • Support QPI(Quick Path Interlink) up to 6.4GT/s, base on 20bit-width up to 25.6GB/s

Chipset:

• X58+ICH10R chipset (Tylersburg) with NVIDIA nF200 X16

System Memory:

• Six 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM DIMM sockets
  • Support 1.5v DDR3-1066/1333 DIMMs with triple channel architecture
  • Support x16 and x8 DIMMs, non-ECC, DIMMs
  • Support up to 24GB system memory

Expansion Slots:

• One PCI connectors compliant with PCI v2.3
  • One PCI-Express (x1) connectors compliant with PCI Express 1.0a
  • Four PCI Express (x16) connector compliant with PCI Express 2.0
  • First PCI-E x16 bandwidth x16 fixed, signal from X58
  • Second PCI-E x16 bandwidth x16 fixed, signal from nF200 X16 channel A.
  • Third PCI-Ex16 PCI-E x16 bandwidth x16 or x8, signal from nF200 X16 channel B
  • Fourth PCI-Ex16 PCI-E x16 bandwidth x8, signal from nF200 X16 channel B

In other words, 3-way SLI @ Full x16 Bandwidth per slot or 3-way SLI @ x16x16x8 with x8 VGA dedicated PhysX or GTX295 Quad SLI @ x16x16 + GTX 295 dedicated PhysX @ x16
USB:
Twelve USB connectors compliant with USB2.0 from embedded USB controller (8 connectors at rear panel)
P-ATA IDE:
One IDE ports (up to 2 IDE devices) with UDMA-33, ATA-66/100/133 support from JMB363 controller
S-ATA:

• Six S-ATA II ports with up to 300MB/s from chipset with RAID 0,1,0+1,5

IEEE 1394:

• Two IEEE 1394 port from TI TSB43AB22A (1 at rear)

More S-ATA:

• Four S-ATA II from JMB363 and JMB362 controllers (1 at rear panel from JMB362)

LAN:

• TWO Gigabit Ethernet from Realtek RTL8111C Gigabit Controller

Audio:

• Selectable 2, 6 or 8-CH audio from Realtek ALC889 (Colay ALC888S,ALC888) HDA compliant CODEC
  • Support rear panel SPDIF, Coaxial output
  • Support Front panel audio for Mic-In and stereo Line-out only
  • (Front panel Line-out electrically shared with rear panel Line-out).
  • Support Jack detection for fool-proof audio device installation

I/O:

• Onboard Fintek 71883 LPC bus I/O controller
  • Legacy peripheral interface for PS/2 keyboard
  • Support Hardware Monitoring for fan speed monitoring, CPU and System temperature.
  • Intelligent fan speed control for CPU-fan (PWM) for quiet operation

BIOS:

• 8Mb Flash SPI EEPROM with Award Plug & Play BIOS
  • Support ACPI S3 (Suspend To RAM) mode in ACPI compliant O/S

Special Features:

• Support KBPO (Keyboard Power ON) function
  • Support USB resume in S3
  • Support Wake-On-LAN by PME
  • Onboard 80 Post-Port LED display
  • Onboard Button for convenient power-on, Reset, Reset CMOS
  • Support Asynchronous clocking mode
  • Dual ATX12V 8pin power Connectors for CPU
  • PCI-E Slots Disable Jumpers
  • V_Core, V_DIMM, VTT, IOH, CPU PLL, QPI PLL, ICH IO, ICH Ground measure points
  • EVGA Control Panel via Extension Cable

Form Factor:

• 300mm x 265 mm x 40mm, ATX Size, 8 Layers PCB

Supported O/S:

• Windows XP/Vista

Accessories:

• Userís manual
  • User Quick Guide
  • Three way SLI bridge cards x 2
  • Two way FPC SLI Bridge card
  • IDE cable , 6 S-ATA data cable;
  • 2 USB+1 1394 bracket Cable
  • EVGA Control Panel & Cables
  • CD for drivers, utilities and bundle software
  • IO shield

Chilly January 8, 2009 07:59 AM

The ability to Quad SLi(2x GTX295) plus one GTX295 for PhysX's should MURDER any 3dMark Scores out there. Wonder how it would do in games though. :haha:

zlojack January 8, 2009 08:00 AM

I'm going to wait until right near the end of my step-up period before I make the call on this board.

I've already got the Bitspower chipset blocks for mine, so that's another expense. This thing does look like a fine piece of engineering, though. Mighty fine.

kruzn4evr January 8, 2009 10:33 AM

I just ordered the x58 so stepping up could be an interesting proposal in the next 3 mths. I think I better start buying an extra 649/super7 ticket to pay for those 2x 295's :shok: :haha:

MpG January 8, 2009 12:05 PM

Interesting, although that NB heatsink is over the top. Fin density is way more than optimal for passive cooling. It doesn't mention it in those specs, but this board apparently has 10-phase CPU power, instead the eight that the normal X58 board has. Nice touch on skipping a card slot beneath the first PCI-E slot. Nobody buying this board is putting anything in that particular space anyway.

belgolas January 8, 2009 03:57 PM

jaw dropping awesome. I may have a step-up in the future although I am just gonna enjoy my system for awhile.

Arundor January 8, 2009 04:55 PM

That looks incredible. With the spacing of the PCIEx16 slots, you could even fit one of the monster 3-slot cards from Palit. It even has that PCIEx1 slot for a discrete audio card, you don't see that on many 3-way GPU boards.

I'm not sure what to think about NF200 yet. HardOCP recently released some benchmarks showing that a x16/x8/x8 config without NF200 actually achieved a higher framerate than x16/x16/x16 with NF2000. They speculated that NF200 may introduce some latency issues.

But regardless, that it still a very impressive looking board.

miggs78 January 8, 2009 05:06 PM

What a board.. fitting 3 dual slot video cards, physx card and a bloody sound card.. mayhem!!

Did you notice one stupid thing, there is a SATA port near the first PCI-E slot, and with those bulky video cards, how do you get a sata wire in there..

But zlojack, awesome find!!.. You've been recently blessed my eVGA lol!.. :P

belgolas January 8, 2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 (Post 136072)
What a board.. fitting 3 dual slot video cards, physx card and a bloody sound card.. mayhem!!

Did you notice one stupid thing, there is a SATA port near the first PCI-E slot, and with those bulky video cards, how do you get a sata wire in there..

But zlojack, awesome find!!.. You've been recently blessed my eVGA lol!.. :P

that sata cable is useful for an esata bracket on the back as you don't have to get a sata cable all the way to the other side of the mobo.

I am definitly steping up to this mobo if it is in a reasonable price. I plan that this will be my mobo for a few years lol.

miggs78 January 8, 2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 136154)
that sata cable is useful for an esata bracket on the back as you don't have to get a sata cable all the way to the other side of the mobo.

I am definitly steping up to this mobo if it is in a reasonable price. I plan that this will be my mobo for a few years lol.

off course I know, but at least they could have relocated it, or placed it in a better spot.. Imagine people who actually do use that slot, it will be a nightmare for them at least.. Just Imagine :P