Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
Top Prospect

Smile Pinkfriday Sale on Major computer part sellers! 50% donated to Cancer research

We all know what cancer is. That horrifying disease! Women United States have the highest chance of getting breast cancer among the whole world. 141 among white women and 122 among African American women. Breast cancer is the second most common cause of death. We must do all we can to fight cancer.

TigerDirect (TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components & Electronics) serves the needs of both personal and business computer users, selling consumer electronics, computers, digital media technology and peripherals via retail stores, catalog and Internet channels. TigerDirect is a subsidiary of Systemax Inc. (NYSE: SYX).

On November 28th, you can visit tigerdirect.com, tigerdirect.ca or Compusa.com and buy all your wanted product for 50% sale and all of the money earned by these companies on that day will be donated to the Susan G Komen breast cancer reaserch.
You must do all you can to support these companies. Its for a good cause. So buy your son that graphic cards he always wanted! Buy your daughter that laptop she wanted for high school! The money you spend will be donated to the Susan G Komen for the good of our community.

You can join a contest presented by Tigerdirect and Compusa, make promotional videos and earn cool prices! For more details on the contest click here

Its an advertise, not made by those companies.. by me because I want every one to help and fight Cancer..

Bhargav patel, ZiikuTV.

Last edited by ziikutv; November 15, 2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old November 15, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So....I can walk into a Tiger Direct store or buy online at Tiger Direct, and everything will be 50% when I pay for it/ click check out?

Also, isn't this the same day as Black Friday?
Old November 15, 2008, 09:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I HIGHLY doubt they can sell all their inventory at 50% off even just for one day. They'd loose massive amounts of money, especially if it's all being donated too.

I think the OP is trying to say that 50% of the price will go towards breast cancer research but you'll still be paying full price for everything.
Old November 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
Banned
F@H

honestly, they'd be lucky to sell $250K on one day. And becuase it's being "donated" for a charity, they can sell for 50%, and write off 100%, also lowering taxes the corporation would have to pay.
Old November 16, 2008, 10:40 AM
MVP

I wouldn't be surprised if they sneakly raise the prices a lot then show a 50% off price to attract people (like Q6600 bumped to 349$ then sell at 174.99$, which look like 50% when it's more like just 20-30$ rebate).

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old November 16, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
honestly, they'd be lucky to sell $250K on one day. And becuase it's being "donated" for a charity, they can sell for 50%, and write off 100%, also lowering taxes the corporation would have to pay.
You hit the nail right on the head there man.

No doubt they will not sell more than $250K worth of stuff and probably even less than 1/2 that.
Old November 16, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, am I reading this right? 50% off of all the items that TD sells, or 50% of the regular price is donated?

Hard drive is dieing, need to pick up a new one. If it's the first one, I think I'll have to order from them for the first time.
Old November 16, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

NICEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
Trial Member

Here's the deal:

On November 28th, ComputerTV will host a live webcast which will be broadcast on TigerDirect.com, CompUSA.com, and Com.puter.TV. During that broadcast limited quantities of various items will be presented for 1/2 off their regular price with the full amount paid going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

The Pink Friday promotion is not being run on TigerDirect.ca.
Old November 16, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnypaul View Post
Here's the deal:

The Pink Friday promotion is not being run on TigerDirect.ca.

aww can someone see if this is true?