Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Thermalright Ultra120 eXtreme 1366RT CPU COOLER Preview

It appears Thermalright is gearing up for the release of the Core i7 and their preview release of a TRUE in the flavour of a socket 1366 format. Most notable in a Thermalright exclusive and for the first time ever ( I have seen) it includes a fan with a proper bracket and no flimsy wire clips. I encourage you to read the FAQ section it contains valuable information for current TRUE owners and puts to rest any concern of having to buy an entirely new heatsink.

A quick pic, for more information please visit: Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA
Attached Images

Old November 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wow nice find, thanks. I know I read that in one of the reviews I read, it kept the cpu under good temp. And that is one bold move from Thermalright, fan with a proper mounting scheme..

Great.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hope that fan is any good though, it dosn't look all that decent to me upon visual; we'll see - I'd probably still swap it out and considering I have TWO TRUE's sitting here, if they don't increase the base size I'll just keep my current ones and swap brackets LOL
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I was thinking the same thing Encorp! I rather have (not so) "flimsy" wires for a mounting system than some lowest bidder, OEM, proprietary mounting crap. :(

EDIT....just RTFM'ed it and the fan is a FDB fan...though its running @ 1600RPM (Scythe F speeds). Specs sounds good for high performance...just wonder how good it sounds ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

FYI, take a good look at our Temperature Testing section in the i7 review...

Intel Core i7 "Nehalem" 920, 940 & 965 XE Processor Review
Old November 6, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Lord SKY to the rescue .. Yaaay :P

God damn.. you guys can beat me all you want. I just couldn't remember what review it was.

There you guys can see MAC's review, cooler does pretty good.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

I think the new fan you are seeing is a normal fan in a special housing...it looks like you can use any 120mm fan with standard depth.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old November 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No doubt you can, you just have to buy mountain wires/brackets for it now too lol, I actually prefer to buy my fans seperate because rarely are the ones that come with coolers exactly what EVERYONE wants.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah I'm the same way encorp....that and if need be I can make my own wire brackets! Try that w/ some plastic case fan holder thang :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 6, 2008, 01:49 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I like the plastic holder actually. Whenever I installed a fan wire onto a Thermalright cooler (GPU or CPU) I always felt like I had ten thumbs and wanted to throw the damn thing against a wall.