Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Windows Vista SP2 Beta Next Week

Quote:
There is a post today on the Windows Vista Team Blog that says a beta of Service Pack 2 for Vista will be in the hands of testers next week. Some of the features to be included with SP2 are native Blu-ray recording in Vista, Windows Search 4.0, a Bluetooth 2.1 feature pack and more.
Quote:
Following the success of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 last spring, we have been working hard on Windows Vista Service Pack 2. As a part of the development and testing process, we're going to start by providing a small group of Technology Adoption Program customers with Windows Vista SP2 Beta for evaluation next Wednesday, October 29. The final release date for Windows Vista SP2 will be based on quality. So we'll track customer and partner feedback from the beta program before setting a final date for the release.
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old October 24, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They should have called this SP 1a or 1.5, no significant updates other than a few features - so it won't be a REQUIREMENT - who wants native burning in windows, most people disable native burning anyways considering people prefer software - cramming more into windows :) I hope VLITE will be updated to account for SP2 :)
Old October 24, 2008, 10:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
They should have called this SP 1a or 1.5, no significant updates other than a few features - so it won't be a REQUIREMENT - who wants native burning in windows, most people disable native burning anyways considering people prefer software - cramming more into windows :) I hope VLITE will be updated to account for SP2 :)
I can't even stand the fact that they have a "Burn" icon that I can't remove!
Old October 24, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I can't even stand the fact that they have a "Burn" icon that I can't remove!
What burn icon ? I don't have that - Mind you I used VLITE to trim the fat out of VISTA and remove some features I didn't want, CD/DVD burning engine was one of them - so I have no icon.
Old October 25, 2008, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In XP I use its default burning for cds all the time.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 25, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

admittedly I use vista's default dvd burner to burn dvds, admittedly I do not like it but it is more convenient than looking for a program which fits my needs.
Old October 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
admittedly I use vista's default dvd burner to burn dvds, admittedly I do not like it but it is more convenient than looking for a program which fits my needs.
Never used vista built in, I have been more than happy with nero for all my burning needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
In XP I use its default burning for cds all the time.
Bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Bad idea.

Grab ImgBurn.