Top Prospect

Default Nvidia to leave only six partners

Fudzilla
This looks like it's newsworthy

WC Loop: DD Cpx-Pro | HWL 240 Xtreme | D-Tek V2
Old October 21, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Fud.

They've already posted an amendment, that Nvidia has specifically denied the story is true. As for "specialized treatment", that sounds pretty stupid as well. Nvidia hasn't been making friends among various manufacturers lately, I can't see them wanting to alienate anymore. Unless their sales have dropped so badly over the last few months that they can't support all the vendors.
Old October 21, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

One has to take with a grain of salt things posted on sites with names like "Fudzilla" :)

Although maybe I was dreaming but I could have sworn that NVIDIA did confirm it was leaving some board partners, and I had an official list, but it seems Fud changed the list, because my original list did NOT have BFG in it ! I was surprised when I saw BFG was one of the partners being let go - now honestly I don't know what to believe anymore as I get different answers from different people. I can't believe they are keeping EVGA & ASUS over BG LOL this is insane if it were true!
Old October 21, 2008, 08:06 PM
Top Prospect

Nvidia does have a lot of partners, each one trying to outdo the other for the sale.
A good culling might be welcomed.

If a couple of these aib's went over to ATI, hell we might even see some decent warranty
on the ATI side of things for a change Yes, all speculation

WC Loop: DD Cpx-Pro | HWL 240 Xtreme | D-Tek V2
Old October 21, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

An EVGA rep said this is false.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
An EVGA rep said this is false.
That would be irrelevant sine EVGA' according to the fud report, was ont he list of partners that NVIDIA would KEEP.... :)
Old October 21, 2008, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Almost a shame.

If a company like EVGA or BFG went over to the ATI side, their policies would be a swift kick in the arse for the current ATI partners. Those lifetime warranties, allowing aftermarket heatsinks to be used, reference designs that actually accomodate waterblocks... a real shame.
Old October 21, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Almost a shame.

If a company like EVGA or BFG went over to the ATI side, their policies would be a swift kick in the arse for the current ATI partners. Those lifetime warranties, allowing aftermarket heatsinks to be used, reference designs that actually accomodate waterblocks... a real shame.
No, you hve it wrong, EVGA is not joining the dark side :) Those are the ones NVIDIA allegedly wants to keep, ASUS, EVGA, XFX, etc... Between you and me, who needs a lifetime waranty - let alone even a 10 years one, who keeps their graphics card that long anyways, considering your card becomes obsolete within 1-2 years :D At least XFX is still in there ! Hopefuly BFG will remain as well - rumor has it only BFG US would be affected!
Old October 21, 2008, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Agreed, lifetime warranties are overrated. But I'm still a little bitter about my Asus 3870X2. Put it on water, and it died a month later from a cooked VRM, as best I could tell, courtesy of their apparently non-reference design. Had to bust my butt to figure out where I'd thrown the stock heatsink, so I could stick it back on to send it in for RMA. Spent over three months gaming with a 4GHz quad-core and my old 8800GTS 640MB, while I waited for them to process the claim. Now I've got a dual-core GPU paperweight sitting on my shelf.

BFG? Hell, they even sold me the waterblock to go with my GTX280.
Old October 21, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Which is why my comment earlier about my shock in why NVIDIA in their right mind would keep ASUS over BFG - In terms of quality control and support I would choose BFG anytime, for its graphics card. I've used ASUS videocards in the past, and once I have gone to BFG, never again have I touched an ASUS videocard.