Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2007, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default [H] Consumer and [H] Console shutting down

Jason Wall of [H]ard|Forum announced that their latest online attempts diversify are being aborted. [H] Enthusiast will return to being just plain [H] again.

"As some of you may have heard, [H] Consumer will be closing its doors by the end of the month. [H] Console is also shutting down. This post is to hopefully clear some things up and give our millions of readers an explanation.

First, we would like to express our great gratitude to the faithful readers of [H] Consumer. All of your forum posts and emails were validation that we were doing something special. We appreciate your readership and your support. It means more to us than words can describe.

So, to get right down to it, [H] Consumer is shutting down for one reason alone money."
Old April 30, 2007, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wait a minute... Hard Forum is closing ?
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old April 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no- just some subsidiary websites
Old April 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i don't know about you guys, but this comes as no surprise to me. I'll only comment on [H] consumer, as i never had an interest in [H] console, or consol games in general.

consumer took too hard of a line against system builders to be an equitable business model. "dont bite the hand that feeds you" is perhaps the simplest way to boil it down. While consumers (me included) liked it when [H] nailed companies to the cross for shabby customer support, high end gaming systems that came up lame, and any other new-system-crap-ism that fell from the sky it did have one major flaw... it made for interesting and entertaining reading BUT it alienated system builders from wanting to participate in the [H] consumer program.

It's cute that [H] wanted to do the right thing, take the high road, and stand up for us consumers like some W5, 60 minutes, barbara walters sort of special... The sad truth to all this is that you prolly need to be a non-profeit consumer watch sort of organization to really pull it off.

Thanks for taking a run at it tho [H], your consumer section will be missed.