Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
Associate Review Editor

Default GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2008)

GIGABYTE has released a new press release for the GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2008), which is the final event for the many regional overclocking competitions that were held all over the world.

Here are the details:

"Taipei, Taiwan, September 19, 2008 - GIGABYTE's first annual overclocking competition, the GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2008) is set to begin. A total of 50 of the world's top overclockers will fly to Taiwan to join the competition and fight for the title of GIGABYTE GO OC Overclocking Champion.

The GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2008) will be held on September 25th, 2008, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Taipei, Taiwan. Can't join the event here in Taiwan? It's ok, GIGABYTE will have a live blogcast from the competition at the GO OC 2008 official website, 2008 GIGABYTE OPEN OVERCLOCKING CHAMPIONSHIP . Everyone who is interested can log on to the event website and still be part of the competition during the event.

In addition, there is another chance for you to be a part of this historic GO OC competition. From September 3rd to 24th, GIGABYTE will host two online competitions: "Guess the Winner" and "Predict the Best SUPER PI 1M score" at the GO OC 2008. What are you waiting for? Just sign up on the GO OC official website (2008 GIGABYTE OPEN OVERCLOCKING CHAMPIONSHIP) and make your guess, for your chance to win a brand new GIGABYTE EP45-DS3R motherboard.

After the competition on September 25th, GIGABYTE will pick 2 lucky users whose Best SUPER PI 1M prediction is equal or closest to the competition results. The 2 people selected will each receive their own GIGABYTE EP45-DS3R motherboard. For the "Guess the Winner" competition, GIGABYTE will select 3 lucky users who correctly predicted the winner. GIGABYTE will announce the winners to both competitions on the GIGABYTE GO OC 2008 website on October 1st.

GIGABYTE would like to give a special thanks to the GO OC 2008 Global Sponsors: Intel, ATI, Corsair, WesternDigital and ViewSonic."

I will be attending this event on behalf of Hardware Canucks...as a reporter though, no liquid nitrogen action for me
Old September 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
Banned
F@H

Lucky bugger...be sure to take LOTS of pics!!!!
Old September 20, 2008, 05:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We will have a special report by MAC. No worries there.
Old September 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, can't believe he's going all the way there to report on it! Awesome!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 20, 2008, 05:34 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Just remember, to be considered Big Time, you've gotta get the Girls...

Old September 20, 2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Just remember, to be considered Big Time, you've gotta get the Girls...
I would rather be considered one of the Little Guys rather than pander to that. It can be discussed but I always get disgusted seeing other sites covering women when they should be taking pictures of hardware.
Old September 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I would rather be considered one of the Little Guys rather than pander to that. It can be discussed but I always get disgusted seeing other sites covering women when they should be taking pictures of hardware.
It was meant in a joking manner, but I should have said as much, my apologies...

Old September 20, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

Apperently Sky gets off seeing a big rack of ram rather than....

Be sure to get many pictures of the ladies... holding the hardware, the best for both worlds :P
Old September 20, 2008, 06:22 PM
Associate Review Editor

I bought an 8GB SHDC card and a spare camera battery, so we should be good picture wise

By the way, I will likely have the opportunity to meet with some product managers and engineers, so if you guys have any questions you would like answered post them here and will add them to my list.

EDIT:

Regarding the ladies, I seriously doubt there will be any models like you are used to seeing at some events since there is no booth to draw us towards
Old September 20, 2008, 06:59 PM

Maybe Fugger will pose in a bikini. God, I hope not....