Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   Corsair HX1000W Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/6969-corsair-hx1000w-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL May 11, 2008 07:29 PM

Corsair HX1000W Review Comment Thread

It's here; Corsair's new 1000W power supply has hit the market here in Canada and overseas. We have waited a long time for this mythical product but Corsair has finally seen fit to release it and it has a laundry-list of features. But, with seemingly everything going for it, is the HX1000W really worth the wait?

You can read the review here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ly-review.html

Please use this thread for your questions, comments, rants and raves.

sswilson May 11, 2008 07:42 PM

I'm some glad I don't have any plans to run tri or quad sli!!!

It might be a nice piece of kit, but OMG... paying $300 to get a PSU delivered to the door is more than I think I can handle. :)

I'm also curious about how well one of these would fit into a cosmos s case (or any other bottom mount for that matter). The cable is on the correct side for taking advantage of the bottom air intake, but I'm wondering about the distance from the PSU air exhaust to the start of the fan grill... how does it compare to shorter PSUs?

SKYMTL May 11, 2008 08:13 PM

My usual Cosmos case wasn't available at the time of this review (my buddy who has it is out of town) but I can tell you the length of this power supply is quite something to behold...

BALISTX May 11, 2008 08:26 PM

I would see why it wouldn't fit if the length of it is 8". The Cosmos is the same if not longer than my CM690, I'm sure it will fit in my CM690 with the bottom fan grill removed. In fact I'm going to go measure. It might not fit as the width of the PSU is about 6".

Dimensions: 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 200mm(L)

SKYMTL May 11, 2008 08:38 PM

The ATX spec'd widths and heights were respected by Corsair so the width should have no problem fitting in any case. It is the length that will cause issues with some cases.

encorp May 12, 2008 07:14 AM

Great review, absolutely beautiful power supply too. I agree with the complaint about not sleaving the cables right up and into the interior of the PSU. They did that on my TX750 and, I can kind of understand why on my unit but not the 1k. TX750 is non-modular and has a lot more cables coming out of the PSU, it'd be really cramped and hard to move the cables around if they were packed in tightly with sleaving on all of them - I guess if you're lazy thats a good reason. I still think if you're going to sleave PSU cables, do the entire things and accomodate the design to allow for it.

Oh well, Corsair can't get -everything- right on the first go I guess ahaha.. maybe their next line of PSU will be different.

Eldonko May 12, 2008 08:39 AM

Nice PSU, too expensive for my liking though.

MAC May 12, 2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

"However, once in a while we receive a product which is so good in every aspect that it makes even the most experienced of us go weak in the knees. For me, this is exactly what happened when I was in the process of reviewing the Corsair HX1000W. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a perfect product but this power supply is so damn close to perfection, reviewing it was an almost religious experience. Call it what you will; a breath of fresh air or maybe even a revelation, but one thing is certain: even though Corsair took longer than expected to release the HX1000W, the wait was well worth it."

Sheesh...get a room! :haha:

I'm using that entire first paragraph in my news posting, so a few additional thousand people are going to know about your unrequited love for this power supply.

EDIT:

Done!

Eldonko May 12, 2008 02:19 PM

Yeah I think its safe to say he likes it. :D :punk:

ebdoradz May 12, 2008 03:39 PM

what i anice PSU

if i plan running a quad with X-fire or triple SLi i would definitly get that Corsair PSU, im more then please with the quality of their product with my HX620W