Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2014, 12:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Evga NEX1500 No longer for sale?

So iv been checking ncix for my orders as it seems every high-end part I order from them is always on back order.

I looked to see what the price of my psu was at a few month's after its release and it looks like ncix stopped selling it.
I made sure to purchase Exspress Exchange as iv read all horror stories of this particular unit.

Question I have is if they stopped selling it and my psu is faulty would that mean I'm sol. Guess I could buy a 1200watt psu as a back up.

Iv looked on evga forums haven't seen any sighn that it was being discontinued.
Old January 8, 2014, 12:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Did a search of forums on evga.

The NEX 1500W has been discontinued, however there should be a replacement model available soon.

Maybe I can swap this one out for New model if I get lucky.
Old January 8, 2014, 12:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hmm can't seem to find a reason for them to discontinue this psu unless it really has a severe issue that can't be fixed and they opted to just make a new one and discontinue the old one.
Old January 8, 2014, 04:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think They are releasing a 1500w version of the G2 line. People seem to be loving the 1300 G2 and are quite hard to find, so makes sense they would make it bigger and add more power and release it as a replacement for the NEX. The 1500W AXi from Corsair was previewed at CES yesterday I think. Said it will be released in a couple months.
Old January 8, 2014, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
Hmm can't seem to find a reason for them to discontinue this psu unless it really has a severe issue that can't be fixed and they opted to just make a new one and discontinue the old one.
First unit was a test of the waters. It was good, but overpriced and really niche. But, that whet the appetite enough in the market to allow them the next generation. Which are much better overall, so..that's at least my understanding.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 8, 2014, 11:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Damn well if this psu under performs its getting sold for New line lol hope non of the issues iv heard of crops up during build process.
Old January 9, 2014, 12:46 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Got a reply from evga.

Although this unit is no longer available we still have others for RMA purposes if needed. If for any reason your PSU fails we will support you with Warranty replacement options. Please let us know if you have any issues with your product in order to support you further.

Funny thing is this psu has a 10yr warranty plus extra I bought from ncix. it barely lasted a year and took almost 4 months from ordering paying to receive it lol. It spend 1/4 its life waiting to be shipped.
Old January 9, 2014, 07:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile PSUS

Well I guess I'm 1 of the unlucky ones. Got a dud bnib. 24 pin shows nfg. replacement shows up same ft!!!

Can't use credit towards a card, have to wait for them to rigorously test the replacement when it gets back to them, then they'll send a working unit.

I thought, that's crazy. Sent me a Duke Nuke'em belt buckle. Huge, would probably make my pants drop...scary thought.hahaha

Anyway, all this for a 1500w psu.

Hell I'm still fighting with Asus about my x79 sabretooth. They really dropped the ball and expect me to take a refurbished board, and supply a credit card number. policy...

After them accusing me of damaging the 1st refurbed board they sent me, and expected me to pay $120 for repairs I lost it. They waived the fees. How nice, bnib mobo that doesn't work right and I get a refurbed?

Now the 2nd has been since August, and they cancelled the rma bcuz I never sent my board in. Premium replacement, my ass. They're supposed to ship a replacement b4 I send mine in!!!

If they don't make this right and send me a bnib board, then I'll never buy and Asus unless given no choice whatsoever. Approx $2000 in mobos this yr and this is how I get treated?

$400 paperweight?

FF
Old January 9, 2014, 07:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Could call BBB when they get involved policy normally changes. Few ppl get fired for gross misconduct and community wins. normally being keyword.
Old January 9, 2014, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Psus

Yeah, I plan on that if I get a refurbed board. Wife's cousin is a lawyer if I need real clout...

Hate to bother the guy though.

Might just file a complaint anyway...

EVGA has been great, not withstanding the bad psus.