Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yea lovin my XFX 1000W Platinum (both seasonic based units) wonder why they don't have a higher rated unit than 1250w...

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old October 19, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^Youll be extremely disappointed with the results of Quad SLi (very poor Scaling), checkout some if the Benchmark results showing the slightest improvements Tri SLi vs Quad SLi....in some cases Quad results in poorer performance that 3 Cards.

Old November 18, 2013, 09:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Indeed. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Unless you were doing something like content creation where the scaling factor is known, 3 way SLI is more than sufficient for gaming. The 780 Ti TDP is only 250W. so a platinum 1kW PSU should be more than enough and still leave some room for tweaking.

As far as acoustics goes, wattage and noise aren't exactly linear, it's all in how the unit is engineered. My toaster is 1500W and it makes toast in perfect silence :)
Old November 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
Rookie

Are we certain a supernova 1500 is enough for 4 titans. I am running 4 titans and my PC crashes the instant I turn on furmark. Well it doesn't crash , it restarts. I would really like to think it's caused by something else but all I can come up with is the psu.

I'm going to die if I have to buy a second psu.

Any help?
Old November 24, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^^ Absolutely 1.5 kW (or even 1.2 kW) is enough for x4 Titans Quad SLi.....you've got PSU issues or Driver Issues if you're constantly crashing ;)

Old November 24, 2013, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Which Psu is Best?

I think in part it depends on the psu. My Corsair AX1200 might be able handle 4 titans, though ocing might be an issue.

Tri sli didn't get very warm or loud. My friend's Antec 1000 can only handle sli, and the Corsair handles tri.

The 1500 is good for both the adequate power and the correct number of pcie plugs. The aux. take up a spot on the AX 1200, and I didn't want to try running the mobo off of a molex, otherwise it might've been

able to handle quad sli/xfire, though not titans, at least I don't think so.

I did run a pr of 690s on a Corsair TX 850M with no problems though I wouldn't recommend it, as it got pretty warm. Still works fine.

FF