Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2013, 09:22 PM
Top Prospect

Default CMX1000V2

hello all. i was wondering if this psu is worth it for the 124.99 price tag its going for currently at ncix. i would be grabbing for my friends build and yeah i read some reviews of it post v2 and it failed miserably but i havent seen to many reviews on this new v2 revised unit other then the 700w version and it passed on hardwaresecrest reviews. at 125$ its in my friends price range and should offer him alot of choices upgrade wise down the future. any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Old July 18, 2013, 02:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For $125 he could get a 750~W Seasonic gold rated. What is he looking to do with it? What hardware is he running? etc

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 18, 2013, 03:36 AM
Top Prospect

well so far we have grabbed a 3570k with a asus mobo and a noc heatsink. graphics wise he's looking into sli 760's with 2 2tb blacks and a samsung ssd.
Old July 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

+1 on the seasonic 750watt. That will run dual 760's. For a little extra headroom, you could bump up to the 800 and some watts, but the 750 is sufficient.
Old July 18, 2013, 09:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Corsair AX760i would be sufficient for that. No need for the 1K unit at all. And to be honest, although some Cougar's are good, I would be a little wary on a 1K unit that is sub $150....

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 18, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Choose A Power Supply - PCPartPicker

Select US or CA.

Old July 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
Top Prospect

its just probably a stock clearing sale since its like 65$ off its normal price. ax 760 looks really nice , i dont know if i need to fork over the 20 dollar premium for the i version.
Old July 18, 2013, 11:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesj View Post
its just probably a stock clearing sale since its like 65$ off its normal price. ax 760 looks really nice , i dont know if i need to fork over the 20 dollar premium for the i version.
Both are good platforms, the I version is nice only because of Corsair Link, and because the unit is Flextronics (DSP Design). I'm all for new tech, as I use the 860i. But that doesn't mean the 760 isn't good, its a Seasonic platform I believe and solid.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 18, 2013, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It is indeed.

I was looking at the 860 myself but found an R3 Fractal Neutron 1000W platinum for 20 less.. :D

Basically to the OP, keep in mind that higher wattage is not necessarily better.