Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionRed View Post
POE? Router hooked up to ups? Would that work?

Edit: Lol...if we could only perfect "wireless" POE

I am going to get to drinking my morning coffee...
Actually depending on the IP camera you can do it like I did, with power injectors. Since I can transmit the POE over a good distance I can still hide the camera/cables with easy. The power Injectors stay nice and hidden in the basement.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Actually depending on the IP camera you can do it like I did, with power injectors. Since I can transmit the POE over a good distance I can still hide the camera/cables with easy. The power Injectors stay nice and hidden in the basement.

-ST
I remember reading about these injectors....but till now I had forgot about them (just another to do someday job setting up some cameras at far end of the house, that will need to use PI's).

Cheers for reminding me!

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old November 27, 2013, 01:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionRed View Post
I remember reading about these injectors....but till now I had forgot about them (just another to do someday job setting up some cameras at far end of the house, that will need to use PI's).

Cheers for reminding me!
Not a problem at all, wired direct into my monster UPS I have Over one day of usage and DVR Recording should the lights go out. Great little devices.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com