Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2013, 07:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Corsair PSU SATA Cable HELP!

Hello,

I am currently creating a build and was in the process of sleeving my SATA cable. I had to reposition the connectors and when I did, two the wires broke. I don't have a spare SATA cable to replace for the PSU (Corsair 850AX), I do however have a Corsair TX750 SATA cable (same length).

This was what I wanted to do . . . I was going to transplant the TX750 to the AX850 PSU connector (ensuring I ran the TX750 wires in the same configuration as the AX850 to the new connector). My only concern is that while I can run the wires in the same configuration, will I still have an issue with the SATA connectors on the TX750 wires. Specifically, are all SATA connectors the same . . . so for example if I take a wire coming out the of TX750 SATA connector and run it to the same place on the PSU connector as it would for the AX850, will it still do what it is suppose to do? Sorry if this is confusing, not sure how to word it better
Old July 7, 2013, 12:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

All SATA connectors are wired the same, but the modular plugs on the PSU vary between Corsair's models. As such, the modular cables they provide specifically say to only use it with xxx PSU.

If you drop Corsair an email/open a ticket, they'll send you another SATA cable for free. They did for me at least.
Old July 7, 2013, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
All SATA connectors are wired the same, but the modular plugs on the PSU vary between Corsair's models. As such, the modular cables they provide specifically say to only use it with xxx PSU.

If you drop Corsair an email/open a ticket, they'll send you another SATA cable for free. They did for me at least.
JD is correct on PSU side so best use a voltmeter to verify voltage and polarity @ sata end
Old July 7, 2013, 01:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
JD is correct on PSU side so best use a voltmeter to verify voltage and polarity @ sata end

Thanks guys, will test the SATA end with a volt meter to verify.

Cheers

Fen