Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2013, 03:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Lowfat you really know how to push me bud. I like it as it keeps me motivated!
Old June 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Ok. So I have 180 ft of 18 AWG wires (red) in the cart, 190 crimps, just in case I break some and going to add some red connectors for 24-Pin ATX and 8-Pin EPS and I will leave the PCI-E and SATA connectors black to carry over with the ROG theme. And I think I am gonna go ahead and grab the Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watts since it has more options for PCI-E connections for let's say when I get the RVE (Rampage V Extreme) for IB-E!

Last edited by hero1; June 28, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old June 28, 2013, 10:07 PM
Rookie

This sounds like a rather pricey project, going MDPC is a real wallet killer.

Paracord is still my sleeve of choice
Old June 29, 2013, 02:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hero, easiest way to make sure you don't blow yourself or your parts up is strip the sleeves from the stock wires and then match it with your ones..
Don't screw it up or you will really screw it up..

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 29, 2013, 05:54 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazi_r View Post
This sounds like a rather pricey project, going MDPC is a real wallet killer.

Paracord is still my sleeve of choice
MDPC is not that pricey. It would have cost me way more had I gone for other stores plus I like how the guy handles his business. Nothing but classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Hero, easiest way to make sure you don't blow yourself or your parts up is strip the sleeves from the stock wires and then match it with your ones..
Don't screw it up or you will really screw it up..
Damn my ribs hurt now. I intend to follow how the cables are in their current setup so one at a time. It won't be easy but will workout awesomely. Now I just need to get a better camera instead of my iPhone 4. I might have a Desk project brewing
Old June 29, 2013, 07:23 AM

My System Specs

If you haven't bought the PSU yet go w/ a Silverstone Stider. They are much nicer to sleeve.
Old June 29, 2013, 07:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
If you haven't bought the PSU yet go w/ a Silverstone Stider. They are much nicer to sleeve.
I haven't bought one yet. Will go research that. I just placed the order for the sleeving. I took a look at paracord and I'll stick to MDPC for my second sleeving. I will order more to sleeve this current PSU since I have decided to designate this current build/rig's board and CPU to a HTPC/Folding Rig (meaning I will be in the market for some 670/680s in a couple of months) and move my gaming rig to IB-E!

I might go ahead and grab the SS strider 1200 Gold! I like the colour coordination. Seems like it will be easier to sleeve too.

Thanks for the support bud. I really appreciate it!

Last edited by hero1; June 29, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old June 29, 2013, 10:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

What about the Antec PSUs? I like their HCP 1300W Platinum.. drooling!

EDIT: So forget the 1300W..going to max out at 1000W don't need more than that. So it's down to Antec HCP 1000W Platinum and Silverstone Strider Evolution Gold 1000W. And the reviews from JG shows the Antec HCP to be one of the best CPU and it's going for $204.99 compared to 209.99 for SS SE! So Antec HCP 1000W it is!

Last edited by hero1; June 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old June 29, 2013, 02:01 PM

My System Specs

I would still suggest the Silverstones if sleeving is your goal. If uses 1:1 cables and standard connectors. It makes sleeving significantly easier. It isn't as if they are poor quality power supplies either.
Old June 29, 2013, 02:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I would still suggest the Silverstones if sleeving is your goal. If uses 1:1 cables and standard connectors. It makes sleeving significantly easier. It isn't as if they are poor quality power supplies either.
Their warranty isn't on par with the rest but since you've done this before, I'd take your suggestion. The Antec HCP PSU also use 1:1 unlike Corsair and Seasonic. I figured out the reason you suggested that right after I viewed their webpage. I do like their looks too, Silverstone that is.