Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2013, 10:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
The payment is done through PayPal so it should be safe.

Alternatively you can order darkside sleeving from Dazmode which is said to be of near equal quality.
I know I pay through PayPal but I have my address on his site. Should I just remove it and put a fake one?

I'll definitely order from Dazmode then.
Old June 19, 2013, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
I know I pay through PayPal but I have my address on his site. Should I just remove it and put a fake one?

I'll definitely order from Dazmode then.
To be honest I have no idea. :P I ordered from MDPC as many else have and I have never heard of anyone having a problem but I know nothing about internet security. :P

If Dazmode makes you feel safer than I would just go with that. FatherFuzzy has taken some excellent shots of that darkside stuff and it looks just as good as MDPC.
Old June 19, 2013, 10:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
To be honest I have no idea. :P I ordered from MDPC as many else have and I have never heard of anyone having a problem but I know nothing about internet security. :P

If Dazmode makes you feel safer than I would just go with that. FatherFuzzy has taken some excellent shots of that darkside stuff and it looks just as good as MDPC.
Do you have your legit address in there or different address? I mean it's a no brainer to avoid a site that doesn't have even a minimal amount of security. I am willing to buy from there but the security issue bothers me.

DazMode does seem to have quality stuff too and he's almost local for me. So I will just do that I guess sometime next week. Do I have to buy the crimping too or can I just keep my cables the same length they're now to make it easier.
Old June 19, 2013, 10:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Do you have your legit address in there or different address? I mean it's a no brainer to avoid a site that doesn't have even a minimal amount of security. I am willing to buy from there but the security issue bothers me.

DazMode does seem to have quality stuff too and he's almost local for me. So I will just do that I guess sometime next week. Do I have to buy the crimping too or can I just keep my cables the same length they're now to make it easier.
I think I used my legit address. Not sure what anyone can do with an address attached to a name anyways. :P

You don't need to buy the crimping tool if you are going to keep your cables the same length. However it is possible to break some of the crimp pins when trying to depin. Just bear in mind if your PSU doesn't use black wiring the colored cables can show through in some sleeving, particularly the lighter colored sleeving.
Old June 19, 2013, 11:06 PM

My System Specs

If you decide to do it yourself I made a short guide to how to do shrinkless sleeving here.

Sleeving Discussion & Gallery thread
Old June 19, 2013, 11:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I think I used my legit address. Not sure what anyone can do with an address attached to a name anyways. :P

You don't need to buy the crimping tool if you are going to keep your cables the same length. However it is possible to break some of the crimp pins when trying to depin. Just bear in mind if your PSU doesn't use black wiring the colored cables can show through in some sleeving, particularly the lighter colored sleeving.
Oh I be damned. I'd hate to break the crimp for sure but I am very meticulous person so it should be fine. Does it matter whether or not I put each wire back to the same hole that it came from?

Also, my cables for this PSU are black. I want to do a black and red colour to match the ROG theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
If you decide to do it yourself I made a short guide to how to do shrinkless sleeving here.

Sleeving Discussion & Gallery thread
Which one would you recommend: shrink them or not? I'd like to have them extra flexible.

Nice sticky you got there. I will be doing the shrinkless way. Thanks for sharing.

P.S: OMG! lowfat I am mulling about purchasing a second eVGA GTX 780 HC atm because newegg just got it up and it's available but I am buying a house in a couple months and I am not so sure plus I don't think my current setup is good enough.

Last edited by lowfat; June 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old June 28, 2013, 02:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hello Fellas. So I went ahead and placed an order for 40 meters of sleeves (20 black and 20 red) and 5 meters for SATA cables with MDPC. I am looking forward to working on sleeving the cables. I have a question though. I would like to buy pre-crimped wires so that I won't have to use the ones supplied with my PSU, the reason being that I might add my own home-made pedestal to my current case or purchase the 900D or something similar to that. Does anyone here know any other place apart from moddiy where I can acquire such thing?
Old June 28, 2013, 03:50 PM

My System Specs

Buy the crimpers, crimps, and wire. Then so it yourself.
Old June 28, 2013, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Does it matter whether or not I put each wire back to the same hole that it came from?
Um, yes!
Old June 28, 2013, 04:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Um, yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Buy the crimpers, crimps, and wire. Then so it yourself.
Hahaha. I am thinking about this actually. Just went on DazMode and added some wires to the card and now I am trying to figure out the crimps part!

I meant does each wire go back to the same hole it came from or not?