Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2013, 08:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Quickest way to test a power supply?

I have a Corsair AX750W power supply I want to test out of the box, I wouldn't be able to try it out on my system till the weekends. But I would want to know if it is working right now. I have a Arc mini r2 right now with me w/3 fans and a speed controller. Can I connect the fans to test? Thanks
Old June 17, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you mean to turn the PSU on just to see if it will run then yes but you need to jump the green and black wire I used a paper clip to do this this will turn the PSU on . but like I said it will only power on the PSU the proper way to actually test it would be with a volt meter
Old June 17, 2013, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

when got your MB and PSU check the power connections before powering up so not to mix pci-e and MB power connections @ PSU
Old June 17, 2013, 10:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
If you mean to turn the PSU on just to see if it will run then yes but you need to jump the green and black wire I used a paper clip to do this this will turn the PSU on . but like I said it will only power on the PSU the proper way to actually test it would be with a volt meter
oh yeah, the jumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
when got your MB and PSU check the power connections before powering up so not to mix pci-e and MB power connections @ PSU
thanks for reminding, it does look the same.