Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Crunch.....other 2 8 pins your looking at (far right) are EPS 12v, both are CPU already plugged into Mobo. Another guy over on ROG confirmed that the power draw from the Mobo PCI-E is small compared to the GPU's that a single Molex cable is fine.

Hero, not interested at all in the 780 Classy cards, they will only have ACX Coolers that means twice as want fans wailing away and expelling heat into my case, not to mention there ugly IMO, everyone is going for the "space age MSI'ISH Lightening" looking Cards, can't stand them.

As said I may cancel and skip the 780's all together, Maxwell will likely be ground breaking in a yrs time!
I'm glad you have found a solution for your setup. I just realised that I want to get rid of my PSU and step it up since I am unable to utilise the 8+4 Pin on my board. So I am either getting the same thing you have or get the Seasonic 1000 Watts Platinum.

I see what you mean. I think the ACX is good looking compared to other coolers out there. On the other hand, waiting for the Maxwell sounds like a good idea to me. I hope it will be on par with mine so I won't have to upgrade for another 2-3 years. I say go ahead and cancel your exchange and slap another bad boy in there. 3-way SLI using Classys is just awesome!
Old June 12, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I say go ahead and cancel your exchange and slap another bad boy in there. 3-way SLI using Classys is just awesome!
Yep the 3rd Classy is already at my house (unfortunately I dont get off work and home for another 8 days). I have run Tri SLi before...basically ging from single to SLi to Tri SLi equates in most games from (redundant number only for example) Single: 35 FPS / SLI: 65 FPS / Tri SLi: 85 FPS....as in scaling in my experience has generally been 1/2 of going from single to SLi ;)

Heat is the big issue with Tri SLi (for obvious reasons).....there is a lot of chatter about great temps with 780 ACX Cooler, but I'm seeing a lot of folks complaining of high temps even with that cooler.....so....given how cool my present 680 Classy's run and I still likely have 6 weeks before I have to "commit" to the 780 Step up.....why now ?! Also, got the Classy for $569 with new Metro game thrown in ;)

Once I get home I'll run the System through some benchmarks and post results.

Old June 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm looking forward to the updated photos and benchmarks.