Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I think its a fan issue. Replace the fans with something else and you'll boot just fine. Reseat the heatsink too.

-ST
Your all wrong its a case issue its ground out on itself he needs to replace the case for sure

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old February 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
...he needs to replace the case for sure
I agree. Its an MSI Interceptor Nighthawk case. I'm surprised it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. God awful case. At least it was only $29.
I'll probably pick up a nice NZXT case once all this is done. I owe them that much at the very least. Not sure whats happening yet with my situation as its still early Monday morning there and they got the gear Friday but hopefully I'll be up and running again soon.
Old February 25, 2013, 12:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

re-seat the memory.
Old February 25, 2013, 12:15 PM
MVP

^ I did. I stuck it in my Crucial Ballistix Elite in my HTPC @ 1333mhz cl6. Working nicely :)
Old February 25, 2013, 12:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Nah...you guys are ALL wrong!! Its def the storage hes using. Looks a tad small IMHO. Drop a pair of 240GB SSDs in there....and a Intel 910 800GB...its the only way to make a system 100% stable. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 25, 2013, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
I agree. Its an MSI Interceptor Nighthawk case. I'm surprised it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. God awful case. At least it was only $29.
I'll probably pick up a nice NZXT case once all this is done. I owe them that much at the very least. Not sure whats happening yet with my situation as its still early Monday morning there and they got the gear Friday but hopefully I'll be up and running again soon.

I would say by a new NZXT Apollo 2 but they haven't MADE THEM YET

*Don't make me start sending letters to NZXT Xnine, I'll do it. I still remember how to write!*

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 25, 2013, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I had a PSU take out a whole system, but it was a few years ago now.

It was an Antec PSU, and it blew the southbridge right off the MB. It also shot parts off the PCBs of the harddrives, which Seagate was cool enough to cover under warranty.
Here at work I have personally seen at least 4 machines get completely toasted by PSU's. I say at least because there may have been more but the memory is not what it used to be. The brand of all of the PSUs were Antec, and that right there is one of the reasons I got us out of using Antec PSUs.

Kudos to NZXT for the way they have been handling this. I know that I will certainly be looking into their parts more than I have in the past.

Old February 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I would say by a new NZXT Apollo 2 but they haven't MADE THEM YET

*Don't make me start sending letters to NZXT Xnine, I'll do it. I still remember how to write!*

-ST
I dunno. I'm partial to cases with lots of corners. The more right angles the better. A case you could poke your eyes out on but I'd be quite happy with a switch 810, Vulcan or one of the Tempest cases.
Old February 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Here at work I have personally seen at least 4 machines get completely toasted by PSU's. I say at least because there may have been more but the memory is not what it used to be. The brand of all of the PSUs were Antec, and that right there is one of the reasons I got us out of using Antec PSUs.
I am curious how long ago that was and what model of PSU? Most of their new ones are very good.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old February 25, 2013, 06:35 PM
MVP

I wouldn't want this Tempest as it makes my eyes bleed.
Newegg.ca - NZXT Digital Artic-Camo (Water Transfer Printing) TEMPEST EVO Mid Tower w. 2 x 120mm Front LED Fans, 2 x 140mm Top Fans, 1 x 120mm Side LED Fan & 1 x 120mm Rear Fan

Tigerdirect has the Tempest Elite in stock, all other places I've checked are Back Ordered. They also have the Vulcan as well. This thing is hardcore..

Buy the NZXT Vulcan Gaming Enthusiast mATX Computer Case at TigerDirect.ca