Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2013, 10:06 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Not mentioned yet is the very real possibility that it was the video card that pooched and took the PSU with it. A PSU failure does not usually send a surge down the line. But a GPU failure and cause a high draw from the PSU.
Even if it was the GPU, the PSU should have protected itself, not gone up in flames. I think he's got a case here since he says that some of the internals looked off/bent. Again, we'll have to wait til its received at HQ to see, but, to be honest, I can't see someone lying about something like this, especially when they're willing to send all of their gear off to be inspected.

Then again...

Who would steal thirty bagged lunches? - YouTube
Old February 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
MVP

Goddamn Sasquatches...
Old February 21, 2013, 10:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Even if it was the GPU, the PSU should have protected itself, not gone up in flames. I think he's got a case here since he says that some of the internals looked off/bent. Again, we'll have to wait til its received at HQ to see, but, to be honest, I can't see someone lying about something like this, especially when they're willing to send all of their gear off to be inspected.

Then again...

Who would steal thirty bagged lunches? - YouTube
Sorry XNine, I stole your lunch......

Yeah I would love a report on what happened to be honest. PSU's and UPS's and Fans are the niche things I like to read and learn about.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 22, 2013, 09:46 AM
MVP

The box arrived in California this morning and should be delivered to NZXT some time today. Hooray for Xpresspost. 2 days from Newfoundland to Cali for only $60. Considering the size of the box I sent it in(24"TV Box) and weight (14lbs) I think thats a pretty good deal.
It should be interesting to see what comes next.

edit: delivered

Last edited by igot6strings; February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome, that's a pleasant surprise.
Old February 25, 2013, 03:21 AM
MVP

Can anyone tell me why my system won't boot? Heres a picture of the inside of my case....

I'm starting to lose my mind without being able to shoot zombies. I tried standing on my doorstep holding my broom as a rifle to help scratch the itch but the neighbors kept looking at me funny...
Attached Images

Old February 25, 2013, 03:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

lool

No games makes for a sad bunny.. :P
Old February 25, 2013, 04:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Can anyone tell me why my system won't boot? Heres a picture of the inside of my case....

I'm starting to lose my mind without being able to shoot zombies. I tried standing on my doorstep holding my broom as a rifle to help scratch the itch but the neighbors kept looking at me funny...
i think your hdd is unplugged...sometimes the cables come loose...
Old February 25, 2013, 09:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
lool

No games makes for a sad bunny.. :P
You'd be surprised how often I opened Origin up on the machine I'm using now and tried to start BF3 only to realize I am using my sons computer, which is an Athlon x2 64 4600+ with a 6450....
Atleast BF1942 works...albeit in crap resolutions. Can't get any of the widescreen or hi-res tricks to work. Still one of the best games ever though.
Old February 25, 2013, 10:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post

I think its a fan issue. Replace the fans with something else and you'll boot just fine. Reseat the heatsink too.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com