Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2013, 07:45 AM
Allstar

Go for the pet Sasquatch!!!

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old February 20, 2013, 07:56 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Gotcha. I was just curious as to the level of service you guys will offer. I'm glad to hear that if it indeed was the PSU, then you'll give him the full treatment. Too many disclaimers out there limiting liability to replacement of the faulty part only.
Sometimes warranties don't cover what's right and wrong. We've helped people before with out of date warranties. They are exceptions to the rule, but, sometimes you have to do that. Warranties are typically designed to cover the ass of the company and not so much the customer (I did Home Warranties for 3 years), but a company's vision and ethics should be in place to protect the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Go for the pet Sasquatch!!!
rofl
Old February 20, 2013, 08:03 AM
MVP

Buddy hook us up with a samquanch!
Old February 20, 2013, 08:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Some interesting comments thus far, and I can't thank people enough for their praise, but in the end that's not why we're handling the situation as we are. The truth of the matter is, I would NOT work for NZXT if the culture in the company was like that of other places I've worked. Everyone is a modder, or enthusiast, or gamer. Everyone is great to work with. We all joke, have fun, and work our asses off to ensure that the very small company starts filling the shows they've grown.

No one at HQ has looked at this situation and said "oh well, things happen." There's been rather lengthy discussions on the issue. It's new territory since we've never had anything like this blow and take out a full system.

In the end, if it was our product that caused the problem, then yes, we're obligated to help him out. It's not about customer service, really, it's about what's right. I think more people in the industry need to take that kind of approach to not only their products, but their customers as well. IF something like this happened to me, I'd want it taken care of, right? Well, that's how everyone feels and it's the right thing to do.
Highlighted words are the most important ones you can hear from a Manufacturer. You have it down to a fine art right there mate, don't ever let NZXT steer away from that. This is half the reason I have been buying your parts since Day 1 of your company.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 20, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow after reading all this I think its time I look into your company more, I have owned very little NZXT gear except media stuff like the swords and helmets. But the way you have treated this rma leaves me with the feeling of absolute faith in your company.

I know I will be looking at your stuff next time someone needs a custom build through me.
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old February 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Next time I look for computer parts for any build, mine or someone else's, I'll definitely be looking at NZXT components.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
Top Prospect

I can wholeheartedly vouch for NZXT and their other sister companies (Zowie Gear), great products, good pricing, great service. Used to work somewhat closely with them in my previous role at my previous job!
Old February 21, 2013, 08:29 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Not mentioned yet is the very real possibility that it was the video card that pooched and took the PSU with it. A PSU failure does not usually send a surge down the line. But a GPU failure and cause a high draw from the PSU.
Old February 21, 2013, 08:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Not mentioned yet is the very real possibility that it was the video card that pooched and took the PSU with it. A PSU failure does not usually send a surge down the line. But a GPU failure and cause a high draw from the PSU.
Yeah but a properly functioning PSU Squee will have a OCP circut that will shut down the PSU in the event that the Unit is being asked to draw beyond what the rails require.

So, regardless of if a Accidential High Draw happened on either end, the protection circuit failed.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 21, 2013, 09:14 AM
MVP

^ Thats what I was thinking too Soul. Even if another component was at fault the psu should have shut down preventing itself from damage at the very least.
From the products page:
Quote:
Keeping it safe: The HALE series offers over voltage, current, power, under voltage, and short circuit protection. The power supply will automatically shutdown to prevent any damage to your system or misuse.
Update:
Everything is well on its way to NZXT right now. I sent it xpresspost yesterday and its already left Canada. It should arrive at NZXT Friday or Monday at the latest. There are some important people at NZXT who are eager to get their hands on this stuff to see what happened. Very impressed with NZXT and their people.