Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^ Agreed. NZXT will be on my short list from now on.
Old February 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think NZXT has ever been on my buy list but I'm huge on customer service.

When I buy something and it blows up I *really* don't want to be dicked around. I bought it cause I needed it and now I don't have it.

They probably made my "ok to buy" list from this... You know, the one that Razer will never be on again....
Old February 19, 2013, 08:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely will be considering NZXT whenever I get a job/finish school (hopefully this spring) and build my real server.
Old February 19, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I don't think NZXT has ever been on my buy list but I'm huge on customer service.

When I buy something and it blows up I *really* don't want to be dicked around. I bought it cause I needed it and now I don't have it.

They probably made my "ok to buy" list from this... You know, the one that Razer will never be on again....

Bad things can happen to any mass produced part...its how the company handles things when they go bad that makes/breaks them in my eyes.

Looking at their prices I can say that a 850 Hale 90 (maybe V2...if reviews look good) will be going into a testbed upgrade...that is the highest accolades I can think of as I am down right OCD about my testbed parts.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 19, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have one of these Hale 750,s in build that could be my first sold system to a good friend.

So I hope this is rarity that it died so spectacularly and glad 6strings is in good health.
Old February 20, 2013, 06:06 AM
MVP

I think NZXT will be pleased with the last few posts. It may cost them a few bucks to sort out my issue but it looks like they gained some pretty solid possible lifelong customers because of this thread. I've purchased a few NZXT products over time. Mostly their accessories like my fan controller and of course this psu. In the future they will definitely be my go to company were possible. I love their products I must admit. Some are a bit too pricey for my blood like their cases but they really are a work of art. I'd kill for a white switch 810. Its probably the only large case I like enough to consider shelling out that kind of coin for. If there was a mid-tower version of the 810 I'd already have it. Even my wife likes their products. She wants me to buy her a Sentry LXE fan control so she can pretend shes on Star Trek...(serious)....
Old February 20, 2013, 07:49 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Some interesting comments thus far, and I can't thank people enough for their praise, but in the end that's not why we're handling the situation as we are. The truth of the matter is, I would NOT work for NZXT if the culture in the company was like that of other places I've worked. Everyone is a modder, or enthusiast, or gamer. Everyone is great to work with. We all joke, have fun, and work our asses off to ensure that the very small company starts filling the shows they've grown.

No one at HQ has looked at this situation and said "oh well, things happen." There's been rather lengthy discussions on the issue. It's new territory since we've never had anything like this blow and take out a full system.

In the end, if it was our product that caused the problem, then yes, we're obligated to help him out. It's not about customer service, really, it's about what's right. I think more people in the industry need to take that kind of approach to not only their products, but their customers as well. IF something like this happened to me, I'd want it taken care of, right? Well, that's how everyone feels and it's the right thing to do.
Old February 20, 2013, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Will you be sending him a new PSU, then taking the old one back so you can examine it? What happens if you determine that it was not, in fact NZXT's problem. Say, an external powersurge with the PSU plugged directly into a wall socket (not saying the case, just talking about hypotheticals). What happens then?

Also, if it is the PSU that took out the system, will you actually be replacing/reimbursing for the bricked parts? Or is the extent of your liability limited to replacing the PSU.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 20, 2013, 08:26 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Will you be sending him a new PSU, then taking the old one back so you can examine it? What happens if you determine that it was not, in fact NZXT's problem. Say, an external powersurge with the PSU plugged directly into a wall socket (not saying the case, just talking about hypotheticals). What happens then?

Also, if it is the PSU that took out the system, will you actually be replacing/reimbursing for the bricked parts? Or is the extent of your liability limited to replacing the PSU.

All of that has to be factored and determined in testing. We asked him to send all of his gear (mobo, cpu, gpu, psu) so that our engineers can take a look and see what's going on. Which is why we haven't declared the PSU to be at fault yet. If it was at fault, we're looking at some form of compensation. Whether that would be a check, new gear we buy, or sending him a pet sasquatch, I'm not sure.

Again, new territory for us so we'll have to look into what all can be done. We're not going to leave him high and dry if it was indeed the PSU. That would be asinine. So, we just have to have our guys test this stuff, crack open that PSU, and see what's going on.

From the descriptions that he sent, I don't doubt it was the PSU, but we have to be 100% sure before we just go hand out gear to people. We have to protect ourselves from possible fraud (and I'm not saying that this is one of those cases), but we also have to ensure that our gear doesn't do this stuff as much as possible, and we have to make sure we compensate parties who are effected by something like this.
Old February 20, 2013, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gotcha. I was just curious as to the level of service you guys will offer. I'm glad to hear that if it indeed was the PSU, then you'll give him the full treatment. Too many disclaimers out there limiting liability to replacement of the faulty part only.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;