Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2013, 04:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Not saying the CM S Pro is bad...but I am not overly surprised either. It is (or at least was in your case ) a FSP built unit. Havent run FSP in YEARS...since one killed a crap ton of HDDs on me.
Was my friends new build (I built the last 6 of his machines) I had the XFX 1000 on the to buy list...he wanted to save a few bucks.Cost him over 2 weeks without a PC because I purchased his old build, and parted my old build out.
Old February 19, 2013, 02:19 PM
MVP

These Hale90s definitely don't break often. I've only found 2 other instances online where a hale90 had died. Both of those were 1000w units and neither damaged any other components. I guess I had to be the lucky one to get the only exploding unit. Not much has happened with this in the last few days. Still waiting to hear from NZXT on what to do. I hope this doesn't equal too much down time as I'd like to get this sorted asap. Being without a decent system sucks the donk.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:05 PM
MVP

Finally got the info needed to send it back however they want me to send it by ground to California from St. John's, NF which is going to take several weeks. I have to send everything that I think may have blown which is great.
I hope I don't have to go without a decent system for that long though. I asked if it was possible to have it sent back Air. Hopefully thats something that can be arranged without too much difficulty.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Doubt it'll take several weeks to get there, 1.5 weeks tops. If you ship with xpress post it's guaranteed 2-3 days.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hes in the Granite Planet....it takes 3-4 days just to leave the rock. Sucks but it and the weather is why I got the hell outta dodge.

Ship it by air...even if you have to eat the cost. Only way it will get there in under 2 weeks.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 19, 2013, 05:58 PM
MVP

They gave me a shipping label for Fedex Ground. I'm hoping theres a way they can arrange for a slightly less slow service. I'd be happy to split the shipping with them or something of that sort.
To be honest I'm not even sure if theres a Fedex depot in St. John's. Whenever I have anything thats sent fedex delivered it always come by a 3rd party courier. Staples has drop boxes for their stuff and Canada Post offers Fedex Express but I'm not sure if theres an actual Fedex presence in St. John's or if they stuff just gets driven to the Air port and dealt with later.
I received some brackets today from Cool It in Calgary. They shipped on the 4th and arrived today by another courier. That was 11 business days if I counted correctly and thats only within Canada. Newfoundland to California ground with a boat ride over the Atlantic and a stop over at US Customs is going to take quite the long time.

Edit: There is a Fedex location listed here but google maps shows a warehouse being built at the location. Perhaps there is a Fedex there after all as Google did that drive by about 2 years ago. They may have popped up there since.

Last edited by igot6strings; February 19, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old February 19, 2013, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
They gave me a shipping label for Fedex Ground. I'm hoping theres a way they can arrange for a slightly less slow service. I'd be happy to split the shipping with them or something of that sort.
To be honest I'm not even sure if theres a Fedex depot in St. John's. Whenever I have anything thats sent fedex delivered it always come by a 3rd party courier. Staples has drop boxes for their stuff and Canada Post offers Fedex Express but I'm not sure if theres an actual Fedex presence in St. John's or if they stuff just gets driven to the Air port and dealt with later.
I received some brackets today from Cool It in Calgary. They shipped on the 4th and arrived today by another courier. That was 11 business days if I counted correctly and thats only within Canada. Newfoundland to California ground with a boat ride over the Atlantic and a stop over at US Customs is going to take quite the long time.

Edit: There is a Fedex location listed here but google maps shows a warehouse being built at the location. Perhaps there is a Fedex there after all as Google did that drive by about 2 years ago. They may have popped up there since.
I'll add my 2 cents.

At this point the fact that they want you to send everything that may have grenaded is great. It won't take weeks and weeks to get there, FedEx ground is even efficent out that way now. 7-10 days Max for that to get to California.
You might be out of a system for a bit but look at the level of service you are getting in return.

When my OCZ went and deep sixed my crap. I got a fond you from them.
I'd just be appricitive of how far NZXT is willing to go for you :)

YMMV,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 19, 2013, 06:55 PM
MVP

Yes I admit the service has been awesome. I guess I'm goin thru the various stages of grief. I must be on frustration currently. I do greatly appreciate the service I am getting though.

Ill probably send it xpresspost out of pocket as I want this overwith asap. $60 for 4 days isn't too bad if it means potentially saving a week or two of not being able to blow up nazis.
Old February 19, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As you said stuff takes forever from NFL, so chances are it may take a couple extra days but you'll get a full refund on the shipping
Old February 19, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

So refreshing to see a company take customer service so serious...it wont cut them any slack on any of their kit I review...but personally I will be adding NZXT to the short list of mfg'ers I will use in my own builds, builds for clients and what I recommend to friends. Their Krakens impressed me...but this thread and their response to it is what has sold me on them.

Truly feel for you mate...but I am damn glad it was (obviously) a 1st Teir mfger product that went poooooooooof. If had been {not worthy of even saying their name} mfg'er..you would be SOL right now.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr