Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2013, 12:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool to know, do we have an actual list of reps? Might be handy :D

Yea, it scary how much power they hold (reason I never ever open a PSU bar to clean fans etc(after warranty expired)).
Old February 16, 2013, 05:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with a replacement.
Old February 16, 2013, 05:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

Though given the situation with the purchase its hard to see what exactally they can do beyond replace the PSU.
Even if thats all they can do then I'd be very happy. At least with a new PSU(or even a refurb) I can find a used mobo to get my system up and running again. The video card can wait assuming my 2500k still works fine for integrated video.
Old February 16, 2013, 11:16 AM
MVP

Added pics to the OP.

Also Harddrive is good. That makes me happy. Lots of family photos on there and the like.
Old February 16, 2013, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Added pics to the OP.

Also Harddrive is good. That makes me happy. Lots of family photos on there and the like.
Niiice.. used to see alot of modems charred like that (worst one was where a cap blew through the GPU and dented the PSU housing )

Fingers crossed for your 2500k.
Also try the GPU in another machine if you haven't already. you may be lucky and it's just the board.
Old February 16, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sounds to me like the power button on your case may have shorted. But that's not possible is it?
Old February 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone for pointing the OP in my direction. HWC has a great community and I'm glad I can be here to help. We've been in touch, and I've actually forwarded this concern to my boss and the CEO, who have asked one of our engineers to get involved as well. If the PSU is truly at fault, I'm sure there's something NZXT can do.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and go Avs! (please don't flame the American! :) )
Old February 16, 2013, 05:00 PM
MVP

Thank you much Xnine. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
XNine and NZXT are awesome.

Last edited by igot6strings; February 16, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old February 16, 2013, 05:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Niiice.. used to see alot of modems charred like that (worst one was where a cap blew through the GPU and dented the PSU housing )

Fingers crossed for your 2500k.
Also try the GPU in another machine if you haven't already. you may be lucky and it's just the board.
GPU is toast. Its the picture with the two missing caps. The other pic is the mobo of course. I heard the videocard ones bouncing around inside my case. Found the pieces for the 2 caps in my case. The cap on the mobo didn't detach but its blown out from the bottom. Probably difficult to see in the pic. There is also atleast one blown cap inside the psu but its so deep down in there that its nearly impossible to take a pic of unless I remove the casing which I won't do. I should probably take the switch out of my case to see how that looks. The speaker attached to the mobo blew its top too. Fun times deluxe.

It was one of those things were even though it was just a few fractions of a second I can still remember it clear as day. The back of my case where the psu is located lit up like a bluish orange afterburner while there was a series of loud pops going off. The smell still lingers in the room.

As Ray often says, "thats the way she goes, the way she f'ing goes"

Edit: Power switch is actually fine. I took it off the case and examined it and it doesn't appear to be damaged after all. What I thought was burnt marks on the button turned out to be a bit of grim. One less thing to worry about.

Last edited by igot6strings; February 16, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old February 16, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Glad to see XNine and NZXT are stepping up. Hopefully it all gets sorted without issue. Its actions like that that would pull me to a company for future purchases.