Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2013, 01:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I never said Seasonic will stagnate, I merely said they will take note and there will come a time when someone will at some point surpass them be it only by a small margin. Again, SS is good, and they have an amazing set of engineers that help them stay that way. But, there are a lot of up and comers that are aiming for the same crown under the right opportunities.

DSP as far as I know is in Corsairs AXi model lineup. Voltage regulation is still very good, though more traditional designs are right there too depending on the model type.
However couple that with the superb monitoring capabilities slowly being offered (Corsair Link) and you start to have features and functionalities that are a nice touch to the units beyond their functionality.

DSP may or may not become the standard, but I always root for new technologies. And by allowing us to link right into our PSU's now, its one thing that traditional cannot do yet.

*** Edit - To add to another one of your thoughts, we have had AC-DC and DC-DC for many many years, and it has taken long to refine it to where we stand now. DSP is just being accepted in this form, so who knows what 5 years of maturity will bring. Under 10mv Ripple perhaps? 0.01% Regulation? Diamond Effeciency ? That's why I said what I did, because it is not an older technology being stretched rather a newer one that is growing.

-ST
Thanks for the clarifications, and I'm also all for new technology. I wasn't aware that DSP was behind Corsair Link in the AX1200i. Let's hope someone does beat SS, that would be some sweet power supply.
Old July 31, 2013, 03:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude514 View Post
Thanks for the clarifications, and I'm also all for new technology. I wasn't aware that DSP was behind Corsair Link in the AX1200i. Let's hope someone does beat SS, that would be some sweet power supply.
DSP isn't so much behind it (Link is on almost everything Corsair has now in there stable) as it allows them to build the functionality.

By moving the signal to a Digital DC/DC you get more options for monitoring.
That is one of the main reasons I love it so much, it still has some work to be done but overall its a great design. And with how well they are built I am sure it will stand the test of time, though that is yet to be proven.

My Link:

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 2, 2013, 12:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I havn"t seen any mention of Silverstone and their Evolution, Strider series or are these kinda "passee" now. I"ve owned a strider and also an op, both were very quiet and I never had any problems with them. Prices seem pretty reasonable if that's a concern.