Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   Corsair Launches CX Series Modular Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/58638-corsair-launches-cx-series-modular-power-supplies.html)

SKYMTL December 20, 2012 07:47 AM

Corsair Launches CX Series Modular Power Supplies

Corsair announced today the addition of modular versions of their affordable CX Series PSU line.

The CS Series Modular power supply units are available in 430, 500, 600, and 750 watt configurations, and provide the same reliability of any other Corsair PSU on a price just as affordable as the original CX Series lineup. Unlike most other budget power supplies, the CX Modular PSUs feature a hybrid modular cable system that allows users to use strictly the cables they need to power what’s inside their case, just like any high-end high-cost modular PSU. So not only does your case stay neat and tidy inside, but the price of these new units won’t hurt your wallet, which is always a good thing at this time of year.

Article URL: Corsair Launches CX Series Modular Power Supplies | Hardware Canucks

YoungMan December 20, 2012 09:01 AM

At least they didn't screw it up like their TX "modular" line up, where there's 2*pci-e 6+2 pins, molex and sata cables all hardwired in, on top of the 8 and 24 pins.

Regardless, still overpriced as usual. These days, a Seasonic 550w modular 80+gold can be had for ~$70, Antec 620w modular 80+bronze (also seasonic oem) can be had for ~$60. Both of which have 5 year warranties as opposed to the 3 from Corsair.

Soultribunal December 20, 2012 10:16 AM

Regardless of cost differentals it is nice to see quality Modular lower wattage units making it become more mainstream.

Corsair was one of the few to do that so many years ago (Quality, not modular).

Good to see with keeping tradition.

-ST

Generic User #2 December 20, 2012 07:34 PM

I've always been willing to pay more for modular PSUs. With this new release, the advantages for higher-end products are: higher efficiency ratings, better warranties, completely modular systems, higher wattages, (maybe?) quieter fans. sound about right?

Soultribunal December 20, 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic User #2 (Post 679316)
I've always been willing to pay more for modular PSUs. With this new release, the advantages for higher-end products are: higher efficiency ratings, better warranties, completely modular systems, higher wattages, (maybe?) quieter fans. sound about right?

Yeah that about sums it up. Really by raising the efficencies we will always get quieter PSU's or as we have seen late, even passive cooled (up to 20% load I think?) on a lot of units. Because less power is wasted as heat.

Really as of late, all the major players (with the exception of Coolermaster, and for some reason Silverstone's massive Hercules unit) make good units.

Its a buyers market for this stuff, so long as you read up a little bit.

-ST

elmorejohn46 December 22, 2012 12:04 PM

I wonder who is makeing the guts of the power supply ,I think the old CX 430watt was made by the low end of channel well and the capacitor's were Teapo and Samxon,not the real good ones.But that is a older non modular desighn.Hopeing the new CX's are made from better parts even tho this one did fairly well according to johnnyGuru.

Evil Genius Jr. January 8, 2013 12:49 PM

Anybody heard anymore about these? The CX500M seems like a pretty good deal at $60 from microcenter.

Soultribunal January 8, 2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Genius Jr. (Post 683116)
Anybody heard anymore about these? The CX500M seems like a pretty good deal at $60 from microcenter.

Its a fairly balanced budget PSU. Shouldn't be bad for what it is, corsair is usually pretty solid. Better quality than the regular CX series.

-ST