Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Remember the old BFGs?

I've used a few BFG 450w power supplies for a few builds back in the day and non have ever failed me. So now that I find myself having sold my test bench PSU I dug an old BFG out of the closet and set it up with the system I'm currently testing and long behind, this 450w psu is running a 7970 under full load without even getting warm.

I love these little guys, RIP BFG.
Old December 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I've used a few BFG 450w power supplies for a few builds back in the day and non have ever failed me. So now that I find myself having sold my test bench PSU I dug an old BFG out of the closet and set it up with the system I'm currently testing and long behind, this 450w psu is running a 7970 under full load without even getting warm.

Ironically I had one of there 550W units just deep six a client build.
So much for the Iconic good Andyson units.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had a 650W BFG blow up, it was loaded with cheap caps. Good thing it had lifetime warranty... err... wait a minute....
Old December 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I currently have a BFG EX-1200 powering my daily driver with a Xeon X5675, 2 GTX580's and a GTX460 - all overclocked to the tits. Under full folding load, the rig pulls about 1.1 kW from the wall. She's a beauty!

I bought this PSU from 3.0 a long time ago, so it's put in a good day's work to say the least.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I remember that beast, it powered my quad 9800GX2s foldi... err, heater rig back then.
Old December 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
I currently have a BFG EX-1200 powering my daily driver with a Xeon X5675, 2 GTX580's and a GTX460 - all overclocked to the tits. Under full folding load, the rig pulls about 1.1 kW from the wall. She's a beauty!

I bought this PSU from 3.0 a long time ago, so it's put in a good day's work to say the least.
That BFG was good, probably the pinnacle of Andysons designs, and had I had the cash at the time I would have bought it from 3.0.

The one that aced the rig I am rebuilding was not of the same pedigree. And as a result the client is now out his rig, and some components.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I remember that beast, it powered my quad 9800GX2s foldi... err, heater rig back then.
Ha! I just bought the 580's in the past couple of weeks. Guess what they replaced?

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I did'nt have a power supply but I had two BFG 6800 Ultra running in SLI ,but I sold them before I bought the next round of cards and did'nt lose to much on reselling them.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Old December 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gave a 9800 GTX OC + to someone at times I miss my fist card.
Old December 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post

Consider yourself lucky :) - Yes how can I forget them, however one thing, In my opinion their support was terrible. I have an 8800GT BFG that failed on me, mind you, this could be a 8800 issue, which was barely used (so much for the lifetime warranty !) but they will go on blaming NVIDIA of course. Last few GPUs I had were all BFGs, never had any problems before except with the 8800GT single slot, but apparently it was not uncommon. Even got some BFG T-shirts so can never forget them.