Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2012, 02:08 PM
Rookie

Default Power supply EG301P-VE

Hello,

I want to run my power supply out of the computer for a particular application. This does not work without a PC. What should I do to make it work without a PC.

Thank you very much.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpepin View Post
Hello,

I want to run my power supply out of the computer for a particular application. This does not work without a PC. What should I do to make it work without a PC.

Thank you very much.
Ok, when you say application you are not saying a program right? You are saying you have something outside your physical computer that you want to connect to your power supply? And just curious as to why?
Old November 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You need a power supply jumper like this: FrozenCPU 24-pin Power Supply Jump Start Connector - FrozenCPU.com

Or you short the green wire to any black wire and the PSU will start.

As for why? Lots of people use PSU's out of the case to power LED lights, fans, and things like that.
Old December 1, 2012, 06:05 AM
Rookie

A big thank you.

I want to use the old power supply to power a series of chargers for an electric scooter. Your help has been invaluable.