Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2012, 08:01 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Rosewill Unleashes Monstrous HERCULES 1600W PSU

For any power-hungry users who have ever had any concerns about being able to support that extra bit of hardware, your prayers have been answered.

The gods up on Mount Rosewill have sent their half mortal son to us, and he packs some serious wattage. 1600W of power, a 135mm silent fan on top, 16 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors, and an efficiency rating of 89% means this beast will feed that power hungry SLI or Crossfire setup you’ve been working on. Its a little larger than most power supplies, measuring 5.9″ x 3.4″ x 9.5″ but thats a small price to pay for the power, and the semi-modular unit even comes packaged in a nice silver hard case.

Read more here: Rosewill Unleashes Its new Monstrous HERCULES 1600W Power Supply | Hardware Canucks
Old November 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hopefully still superflower, though I can't recall SF having a beast that big in there suite of units.

I love how the toggle switch is protected in the back, reminds me of the toggles on warships :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
Allstar

I knew there was a reason I ran a 20amp to my office....
Old November 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I always wonder how companies like Antec, Corsair, etc. feel about competing with NewEgg's house brand at NewEgg... I know I wouldn't like it if I were in their shoes.

Old November 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
I always wonder how companies like Antec, Corsair, etc. feel about competing with NewEgg's house brand at NewEgg... I know I wouldn't like it if I were in their shoes.
I would be less than happy considering I always find newegg's PSU's to be overpriced (except for rosewill conveniently). At the end of the day what can you do about it though? Newegg is a big order so it isn't like they are going to deny them.
Old December 2, 2012, 05:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Eh, its not the first time. TD does it as well, but I find more often then not Ultra is outsold even at lower price points. The main difference is, as of late Rosewill has chosen remarkable Units for there OEM's where, Ultra, having not learned from Jonny Guru's teachings when he was there (Original LSP and X3 series) suck as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I would be less than happy considering I always find newegg's PSU's to be overpriced (except for rosewill conveniently). At the end of the day what can you do about it though? Newegg is a big order so it isn't like they are going to deny them.
Really depends. People do a lot of research, and although good units the CS from the companies that ply there goods at the Egg outstrips what Rosewill and the egg have as a whole. And service sells these days so much more.
Besides, its in Eggs best interests to keep inventory on such items.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 2, 2012, 05:15 PM
Allstar

Can I use it for welding ?

Quote:
Do you think they have choice ? They can't afford to not distribute true New Egg