Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default EVGA Launches Three New SuperNOVA NEX Power Supplies

As a follow-up to their expensive high end NEX1500 Classified power supply, EVGA is launching three new PSUs at 750W and 650W.

The NEX power supply series from EVGA has been known for its focus on the high end market but lower price points are now being achieved. In order to offer something to gamers who may not be able to afford the massive $450 investment demanded by the NEX1500 Classified, lower wattage versions have been introduced. Starting at just $100, the SuperNOVA NEX 750W and 650W are supposed to compete against heavily entrenched competitors like XFX, Thermaltake, Cooler Master and Corsair

Read more here: EVGA Launches Three New SuperNOVA NEX Power Supplies | Hardware Canucks
Old October 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They are getting better but its still a long way to go I think. I don't think these units will be Etasis but not 100%. Interesting to see when JG takes one apart.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 24, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

...carrying handle? Really? Anybody want to elaborate on a reason for that?

But yeah, PSUs aren't released to me until JG takes em apart and tells us how bad they are
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 24, 2012, 01:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
...carrying handle? Really? Anybody want to elaborate on a reason for that?

But yeah, PSUs aren't released to me until JG takes em apart and tells us how bad they are
I think they do it to mimic the Hot Swap Modules on Redundent PSU's.

The 1500 was Lacklustre at best, terrible 5VB Standby Draw and wierd blips in the rails. I wouldn't trust it just yet.

Again I am trying to dig who they are using for these OEM's...cause its just wierd..

*Edit* - I think the smallest is FSP....ughhhhh

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

They are all FSP.
Old October 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
They are all FSP.
Heh, I wonder which FSP Platform. Re-Branded Aurums....

-ST

Old October 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

With a name like SuperNOVA, it does not exactly create the impression of stability and reliability. What was their marketing dept. thinking? Might as well called their PSU line KaBOOM(TM).