Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Rookie

Default Having trouble picking between 2 power supplies (listed)

PSU recommendation: I do not care about the difference in price I just want the better choice and I do need the high wattage for my build. They both have software for monitoring performance, they both offer single/multi 12v rails, etc. Once again I just care about getting the better psu and price is a non-factor, all opinions appreciated, thank you.

CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified
Old August 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo2002 View Post
PSU recommendation: I do not care about the difference in price I just want the better choice and I do need the high wattage for my build. They both have software for monitoring performance, they both offer single/multi 12v rails, etc. Once again I just care about getting the better psu and price is a non-factor, all opinions appreciated, thank you.

CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified
Your not telling us your system specs or requirements of what you are doing.
Old August 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
Rookie

I'm just asking which power supply is better from the 2 listed, no matter the system.
Old August 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo2002 View Post
I'm just asking which power supply is better from the 2 listed, no matter the system.
The system DOES matter.. but in general the Corsair obviously.
Old August 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you're serious about the Evga unit,I would certainly wait until some reviews are up from reputable sites
Old August 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
If you're serious about the Evga unit,I would certainly wait until some reviews are up from reputable sites
Yeah that's why I came here b/c no reviews up for it yet.
Old August 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I highly doubt there is anything out there that can topple Flextronics AX1200i for the forseeable future.

I'm only guessing because i'm not 100% but I think the EVGA will be a Delta again. And while good, its too gimmicky for me.

Go with the AX, 100%.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Unless you need those last 300 watts, go 1200i. They should have individually sleeved cables available shortly.
Old August 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'm only guessing because i'm not 100% but I think the EVGA will be a Delta again.
Judging from the modular interface the OEM can't be Delta, Seasonic, or Flextronics.

It's either Enhance or Etasis. I would go with the Flextronics AX1200i.
Old August 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Judging from the modular interface the OEM can't be Delta, Seasonic, or Flextronics.

It's either Enhance or Etasis. I would go with the Flextronics AX1200i.
Just going on past history, hard to say as EVGA likes to customize everything. THe outer shell says Enermax to me of all things.
No way to know till you open one up. But upon further reasearch its an Modified ETASIS Design. Good call Ilya.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com