Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2012, 04:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default My PSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guyz,

this is a loooooooooooooong story so plz red it carefully and help me

As i bought Antec HCG620 in Jan2012 and now its starting creating noise like buzzing when u inserted the socket and gets higher when u start the PC. But as I worried that GTX560ti and my other components are in danger!!! I removed the supply and showed to many ppl. some said that Coil whinning, some said its dead now some said its all about fan. But 1 day i opened PSU unit and unplugged the fan, and ran my psu, no sound and after many test it was confirmed that something's wrong with fan's motor. Then I plugged it again, and ran 8 tests, no sound again and silent everything. I was about to buy a new PSU but I tried and got well. But after again inserting PSU, 2nd on run, again that sound m hearing like about 20db, before it was 60db

PLZ PLZ PLZ GUYZ HELP ME TELL ME what happened to my PSU, will it work in future , or it is about to die?? Or should I get new one, which i cant :"( I got this rig after many struggle and now I cant spend on it, i wished for a quiet PC but ....................... :"( :"( :"(

i think I should go for CoolerMaster or just buy a laptop thats it, gaming ova foreva!

PLZ PLZ PLZ Take notice and help me!!!! :"( :"( :"(
Old July 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Should still be on warranty but if you have opened it you are probably SOL. See if you can replace fan then monitor for noise.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, opened up PSU generally means your warrenty is void. I would open it back up and replace the fan(hopefully it's not soldered on). If you are looking for a replcement, I would look in the range of the Corsair TX series. One of those would do you just fine. It uses a 135mm fan and that may be hard to find. You could try a 140mm and see if that work as it's the nearest size.
Old July 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenor View Post
It uses a 135mm fan and that may be hard to find. You could try a 140mm and see if that work as it's the nearest size.
Most advertised 135mm and 139mm fans used in PSU's are actually standard 140mm fans. Manufacturers just call it something different due to a patent troll holding patents that prevents companies from using "140mm" fans in PSU's.
Old July 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

good to know, i never knew that
Old July 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Dude first of all m in Asain country and it came from CA! So cant go for clain and secondly, i opened it and unplugged the fan, no sound but again plugged the fan then no noise, and now again, right now its like buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! LIke Coil Whinning!!!! And also creating distortion in my mic!!! :(

M worried cuz something might happen to Mobo, GPU or HDD:"(
Old July 30, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I were you I would buy another psu to put in.........
Old July 31, 2012, 10:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yea, now m gonna buy but less budget 80$ and in my area, only coolermaster, silverstone, corsair and xigmatek is available, so plz suggest me from these opt. Thnx
Old July 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

RMA ASAP It's faulty!
Old August 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

st50f-p and st60f-p in Silverstone? Plz anybody check these model and plz suggest me...and corsair only gs series available in that range and 600w :(