Rookie

My System Specs

Default Silent/Quiet PSU

hi, im looking for a new PSU.

Features i want:
hybird silent fan control
quiet fan (quieter the better)
650w to 750w
80+ gold or platnium(if still in price range)
modular (full modual would be better)

only one i found is the Seasonic X-660 80Plus Gold 660W or 760w.

are there any other psu with these features?

thanks
Old June 4, 2012, 06:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Whats your budget exactally so I know what range to look in?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 4, 2012, 06:39 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

around $200.
im from australia so i think the prices will be higher over here.
the Seasonic X-660 80Plus Gold 660W is already 190, $225 for 760

Thanks
Old June 4, 2012, 09:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Probably the best fit for what you're looking for would be the Seasonic/XFX psu's. That said, my Corsair AX850 is dead silent as well.
Old June 4, 2012, 10:04 AM
Allstar

I would second Seasonic. My PC Power & Cooling 700 is also dead silent. Now owned by OCZ so not sure about current quality.
Old June 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

Hey Cazushio,

I just want to give you my input on the Seasonic power supplies. I just recently upgraded to the Seasonic X-1250 and I'll give you my perspectives.

I have no problems whatsoever with my power supply and the hybrid feature on my Seasonic power supply is awesome and works great. Having the ability to turn off the fan, say during web browsing, makes the power supply dead silent as the fan doesn't spin. Even with the Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent spinning on load, the fan is super quiet: no vibrations, coil whine, super smooth operation.

The PSU, power supply unit, is superb. The voltage tolerances on the Seasonic power supplies are very tight. As with all power supply companies you get some DOA PSUs or duds but Seasonic is probably one of the best companies to build power supplies and fewest quality problem PSUs.

The AX850 is I believe built by Seasonic and so is the XFX 1250W watt, not sure about the other ones by XFX. For example, The AX1200 is not built by Seasonic which therefore isn't suprising why quality issues exist on this power supply. The XFX 1250 Watt is built by Seasonic and is essentially identical to my Seasonic X-1250 but it has voltage ripples dissimiliar to my Seasonic X-1250 so even though they are built by the same company, there are quality differences.

Most people have been very happy with the AX850 but if you can get a Seasonic with the same wattage, I still would choose the Seasonic over Corsair AX850. The main con for Seasonic as with all quality products is the "price" and there aren't many sales or discounts on Seasonic products.

If absolute "quietness" is part of your criteria for a PSU, then I choose Seasonic. I am really happy with my Seasonic PSU.

Last edited by michaelubc; June 5, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old June 5, 2012, 01:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah AUS can be a bit nuts for pricing. Go with Seasonic, a lot of the other perspectives are going to be Seasonic OEM (with the exception of Flex and CWT for Corsair). Might as well get it from the source.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 5, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The corsair AX 750 should suit your need well. I have never heard mine once. EVER.
Old June 5, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a silverstone strider 750W gold and an Enermax Platimax 850W. they both run so efficiently that the fan doesn't ever have to ramp up. I'm happy with both so far.
Old June 5, 2012, 05:18 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

thanks heaps for the response guys. i will be getting the seasonic.

but one last question, i will be geting a i5-3570k, probably a 7870 or 660, one 2tb hdd, one ssd. and thats it, o and maybe oc the cpu to max of 4.5ghz. should i get the 660w or 760w?
will never xfire or sli.

thanks again guys