Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2012, 07:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default sleeving PSU cables.

So every time I look at some pics of different people's rigs, I get totally jealous because they have sleeved cables and I don't.

I've kind of looked into it, and to be honest it doesn't look like something I have the skills or desire to do at all. That being said, I would totally love to have my case decked with sleeved cables, especially if they were coordinated.

So, while browsing the internet today, I stumbled across this.

Professional Series

And I am so tempted. Aside from doing it myself (which I will NOT do), are there cheaper alternatives? I even see they have the ones I need for my HX 750....

Also side question, how would this work with the 24 pin connector? It's not like you can replace it as it is not modular on the HX750. Would it just clip on as an extension?
Old May 12, 2012, 08:15 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
One (1) EPS/ATX 12V Power Processor Connector 8 pin (4+4 split) Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, Blue
Four (4) PCI-Express Connector 8 pin (6+2 split) Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, Blue
Three (3) Serial ATA, SATA, Power Connector Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, Blue
Three (3) Peripheral Flat Power Connectors (4pin) Individually Sleeved modular Cable, Blue
It doesn't come w/ a 24 pin cable. So that will remain stock.

And no you won't find cheaper alternatives. I'd likely stick w/ black if you do go w/ the Corsair cables. From what I've seen they do look better than their other colours.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Check this store out from Toronto you might find something you like.I have used them b4

DazMode PC Watercooling Gear, Canadian Best PC Watercooling and Modding Store
Old May 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey ultraman. I am in the same boat as you kind of. Except I already purchased pretty much a full set of bitfenix alchemy extension cables. They are great and really nice but I ended up spending over 100 bucks easy. I spent 27 alone on the 4 front panel 2 pin connector cables. I can tally up the price if you want. I kind of regret and almost wish I had went with the corsair. I have a limited amount of space to do my cable management and the extensions only make it more difficult so the corsair would have been nice for that aspect.

Hope this helps.
Old May 13, 2012, 03:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks for the response guys.

I'll probably stick with the blue colour as it matches my theme of black/blue since the TT Chaser is a black/blue theme. I think the blue would highlight the inside nicely, though black would go good as well.

That being said I can always order a 24pin extension from dazmode to compensate. Thanks for the link!!