Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
So I should use the sale price of those units for an idea of your budget then?

They are older Cyberpower platforms. I still think getting there newest one (Cyberpower) would be ideal, or the Pro from APC.

APC BACK-UPS Pro 1000 Power Saving Uninterruptible Power Supply 1000VA 600W - AMERICAN POWER CONVERSION - BR1000G

Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD 1000VA 600W PFC UPS AVR GreenPower LCD Pure Sine Wave Output Serial USB - CyberPower - CP1000PFCLCD

My SLI setup on the above mentioned units had a run time of 18min and that is with an older powerhungry i7 + 2 GTX460SC's. and a dozen other things in.

They should be more than enough for your setup. The front LCD Is awesome.

-ST
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the two units that I mentioned in the op were older units. Of the two that you mentioned, which one would you go with? I've only had experience with APC, but I heard Cyberpower offered better value, which was why I've been thinking of getting one of their units.
Old April 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If your not in a huge rush, keep an eye out at staples. Not a whole lot cheaper but that 1500va goes on sale at staples for ~$120 give or take $5. Past that I don't really have anything to add, just can get them cheaper.
Old April 25, 2012, 05:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the two units that I mentioned in the op were older units. Of the two that you mentioned, which one would you go with? I've only had experience with APC, but I heard Cyberpower offered better value, which was why I've been thinking of getting one of their units.
Nowadays I would have no problem suggesting either one. They share some parts from the same supplier (LCD).
My only gripe is the APC Software is a bit better. Otherwise get whichever one you want.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 25, 2012, 05:26 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Personally, I love OptiUPS.
Old April 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Personally, I love OptiUPS.
They are a pretty good budget unit, whats the software Like SKy?

That is one thing that APC has always seemed to excel at.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I never use software for my UPS units to be honest.
Old April 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh okay. NM that one then, I always enjoy using the software controls.
Have a lot of good info and such (Except Eaton so far).

-ST

Old April 25, 2012, 03:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
If your not in a huge rush, keep an eye out at staples. Not a whole lot cheaper but that 1500va goes on sale at staples for ~$120 give or take $5. Past that I don't really have anything to add, just can get them cheaper.
Which unit are you referring to?