Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ABS / Tagan BZ900 Review Comment Thread

Our review of the new ABS / Tagan BZ900 has been posted live.

It is one heck of a PSU with some minor flaws which can be easily overlooked if you are into cables which are a bit on the short side.

Also note that all the pics in the review are clickable thumbnails.

You can read the review here:

ABS / Tagan BZ900 900W Power Supply Review

Enjoy!!

Old March 19, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Looks like a nice psu, what is the price? Even comes with "psu handling gloves" lol.

Im interested in seeing if the switch that changes from multiple to single 12v actually works tho or if it's a gimmick. Also what the actual benefit is. Would like to see JG test this one, he has the gear to test that feature.
Old March 19, 2008, 06:15 PM

Looks like Paul from HardOCP tested the 800W version:

[H] Enthusiast - ABS BZ800 800w Power Supply

And the price changes every time I look at it. I suggest checking out the comparison engine I linked at the top of the review.
Old March 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Good review Sky, as always. Nice to see the Hiper in there, almost feels like a custom comparison for me, ;)

One thing I have to say about the Tagan.... 2 x Floppy connectors.... Really? Why can't floppy drives just die, die, die... Who's hangin on to them? it's not me, and I'm old school. I'd rather see an acoustic coupling modem than a floppy, meh.

Also the Christmas colors would do this one in for me. I like uniformity, whether it's blue, red or green. Mixing and matching too much cheapens the appearence. Also the gloves made me laugh too Eldonko. The Michael Jackson edition comes with one...

Old March 20, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The lighted slots are handy, but bling considered, I figured I was looking at a $200 PSU and was surprised to see that it was closer to $300
Old March 20, 2008, 06:36 PM
Allstar

the aviator "screw" type that secure the cable in place when you plug it in the psu is the same has all the hyper modular series ...

color aren't my type of thing ...

and the colored wires are ugly, cant even make them fit the color of you case ... and they seems to be hard to fold, hide ...

beside that great review has always.

i would pay almsot 300$ for that OUTCH

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old March 20, 2008, 08:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by low351 View Post
Good review Sky, as always. Nice to see the Hiper in there, almost feels like a custom comparison for me, ;)

One thing I have to say about the Tagan.... 2 x Floppy connectors.... Really? Why can't floppy drives just die, die, die... Who's hangin on to them? it's not me, and I'm old school. I'd rather see an acoustic coupling modem than a floppy, meh.

Also the Christmas colors would do this one in for me. I like uniformity, whether it's blue, red or green. Mixing and matching too much cheapens the appearence. Also the gloves made me laugh too Eldonko. The Michael Jackson edition comes with one...
There are still some add-on items other than floppys which use the floppy PS connection for power (I've got an enermax fan/temp/usb/card reader which needs it... :) ), as well as those folks with certain motherboards (DFI Ultra-D for sure) which use it instead of the standard molex.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 11, 2008, 09:22 PM
Allstar

I just picked this PSU up for $161 from NCIX.

Good deal ?
Old June 12, 2008, 04:47 AM

Not bad at all IMO, especially if you are OK with the "bling" factor.
Old June 12, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Mine seems to be working well, no complaints thus far anyway.