Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Corsair customer support is AWESOME

I just dropped of my HX1000W PSU for RMA at the post office today.

Got home and gave Corsair a call (number on their main site).

Was talking to someone within 10 seconds.

I asked that I need replacement quick and if they will cross ship.

They asked for canada post tracking number.

And DONE. My replacement will be shipped out in 1-2 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORSAIR FOR THE WIN.

Note to self: Buy more Corsair. The PSU was great (except fail after 3 years of 24/7 gaming LOL).

The 12 gigs of memory works flawlessly.

Next up, Hydro H80 CPU water cooler to stick in my new FT-02B :P (then again, my Coolermaster V8 works flawlessly....maybe I'll sell it lol)

EDIT: The only downside is the $34 shipping to the US. Hell, for 50 bucks i could get a decent 500W PSU to power my system. They should open a RMA center in Canada...
Old February 16, 2012, 02:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

im glad you had a good call with them i have been waiting almost 2 weeks to hear back from them im getting a little mad now lol, but hopefully ill hear back from them soon
Old February 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yea glad to hear, I usually hear good RMA stories from Corsair just too bad you have to ship to the states but it's better than to Asia. As for the failing part it can happen to just about anything no matter how good the quality is. At least Corsair stands behind their warranty.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old February 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I just hope you'll get an H80 from the 'good' batch. My H80 replacement should arrive tomorrow...
Old February 16, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had an excellent experience with them as well. Bought a 500R for a friends system, he borked the USB 3 slots on the front putting a pen drive in backwards (it was one of those ones without the 'shrouds' to prevent this from happening). I sent in a support request, they emailed me back with a reply, link to the part I asked about, and a promo code to save me the $10 on the part (bringing it to zero bucks!) AND free shipping!

They gained a customer off me for this deal, and it wasnt even my product. Maybe we're seeing a turn around in Corsairs business philosophy?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I just hope you'll get an H80 from the 'good' batch. My H80 replacement should arrive tomorrow...
They have had some very touch and go teething pains on the H series since joining forces with Coolit.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 16, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THS View Post
I just dropped of my HX1000W PSU for RMA at the post office today.

Got home and gave Corsair a call (number on their main site).

Was talking to someone within 10 seconds.

I asked that I need replacement quick and if they will cross ship.

They asked for canada post tracking number.

And DONE. My replacement will be shipped out in 1-2 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORSAIR FOR THE WIN.

Note to self: Buy more Corsair. The PSU was great (except fail after 3 years of 24/7 gaming LOL).

The 12 gigs of memory works flawlessly.

Next up, Hydro H80 CPU water cooler to stick in my new FT-02B :P (then again, my Coolermaster V8 works flawlessly....maybe I'll sell it lol)

EDIT: The only downside is the $34 shipping to the US. Hell, for 50 bucks i could get a decent 500W PSU to power my system. They should open a RMA center in Canada...

I wouldn't trust a $50 psu to my system ever! Unless it was used and high end.
Old February 17, 2012, 04:23 AM
Rookie

I'd also like to add a great customer service experience with Corsair, albeit with a case of theirs.

A lot of the original 650D's had a manufacturing problem with the fan controller where at the various speed settings it would make a high pitched whining noise.

Lo and behold they actually announced it on their site (front page even if I remember correctly) owning up to it and a link to the replacement controller unit that you could swap out yourself (which is awesome that they trust customers to do that themselves). Only problem was I was in Germany and I thought "ahh crap shipping costs will suck". I fill out the form on the website and BAM, two days later in my mailbox having been shipped priority 2-day mail, was my replacement fan controller.

Total cost to me? $0.00

And their staff have always been polite and helpful whenever I've spoken with them. First words out of my mouth are always "Corsair" when recommending cases/coolers/RAM to friends and coworkers.