PS for Antec P182 + Intel E8500 + X3870 X2
I am looking for a good, clean (low ripple) and reliable power supply for the following:
1) Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Dual Core Processor 3.16GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB
2) GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DQ6 Core 2 Extreme/ Intel X38/ FSB 1600/ DDR2-1200/ A&2GbE/ ATX/ DES Motherboard
3) G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-8000 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1000 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory
4) Diamond Viper Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Video Card
5) Antec P182 ATX Black Mid Tower Case
6) SATA DVD
7) ~250 GB SATA2 7200RPM HDD
8) ~750 GB SATA2 7200RPM HDD
Later I would like to be able to add a second X3870 X2, an additional 4 GB RAM and upgrade to a quad core processor.
I have seen comments that some power supplies do not have cable long enough for the Antec P182 case, so this would be a major consideration. I don't want to stretch the cables to reach. I prefer to be able to route neatly. I am stuck as any decent power supply seems to have cable too short, or power supplies with long enough cables are barely adequate. I don't mind spending more to get a better power supply, but I think a reasonable limit is CAD$150.
SKYMTL, if you're about, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure about the cables...and I think these should be strong enough.
Antec Truepower Quattro 850W (the Trio 650 might do)
BFG 800W (a member had one blow up on him...but should be an isolated case)
Corsair HX620/TX750 (there are people using the 620 with no problems...)
PCP&C Silencer 750W
Silverstone Strider ST75F 750W
Truepower Quattro 850W. It is a great power supply with a more than fair price and it has everything you are looking for.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.|