Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2012, 01:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Corsair PSU RMA Experience Questions

After 7 happy months my AX850 doesn't want to start up after it has been plugged into the wall for 15mins. Until now, I had to wait 3hours so my PC can boot up. So I decided to RMA the thing, I have never RMA anything to Corsair before. I already got a RMA reference number from Corsair. I still have all the accessories and cables that came with it. Even the packaging is still here. So I am here to ask had anyone RMA anything to Corsair before? How did you package you Item? Did you just use the packaging that came with it and sent it or did you do a double packaging of the type? Because I just found out I need to send this thing all the way to Hong Kong. I am asking for guidance again from the HWC community. Also do I need to find the receipt for this, cause I might have misplaced it. Still here just can't find it.

Thank You for your future help.
Old February 5, 2012, 02:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My experience was with the Corsair facility in California, so it might be different. Basically all they wanted from me was the unit itself, they didn't care about the packaging or the cables. However, I had asked them beforehand in my thread for the OK on that. I don't think they ever asked me for a receipt either, but you should double check everything with them to be sure.
Old February 5, 2012, 05:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah mine was also California for my headphones, and they were pretty efficient with a replacement. I only needed to ship them the headphones and just put it in the box, and then used some bubble wrap and put it in another box. I didn't need a receipt either. Maybe you should try and contact customer support to see if they can do it in California instead of HK before you ship it off.

Good luck!

Old February 5, 2012, 06:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thank you for the suggestions doing that first thing tomorrow morning. Just another Question how long did it take From the day the product was sent To the day the product was receive fix/replaced back in your hands? Because my case is so tall my other power supply can't reach the motherboard so now all of my PC components are on top of a Motherboard box and newspaper. Looks pretty ghetto but I still need the PC to operate. Hence I want to know how long I can get the PSU back.
Old February 5, 2012, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't say how long it'll take for them to ship it back from hong kong, but in Canada it ships to california, and it usually takes them 1 week to repair or replace and have it at your door.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have shipped a pair of SP 2200 speakers as well as a pair of HS1A to Corsair for RMA. IMHO the customer service that Corsair provides over the phone is second to none. 1 888-222-4346

For me in MB it takes about a week once Corsair ship the replacement.
Old February 5, 2012, 04:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I had to ship away my TX750W when it died on me last year. Experience with customer support was great I would have to agree with all of the above posts. It took about 2 weeks for me to get it back and they did not ask me for a receipt. Also my power supply went to California as well. If you need them to my friend had them cross ship him a replacement power supply before they repaired his, they just needed his credit card number in case he decided to keep them both but he was not charged. Not sure if it would be different if they send it to hong kong, but always an idea to ask if you don't have a spare PSU hanging around.

Tags
power supply , rma