Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
True, but those aren't the best looking Superflower ones haha.

Well I just picked up my GX700 from NCIX and man is it a nice unit, looks better in person than it does in pictures. Very sexy (for a power supply that is). I have no regrets at all. It also helps that it only cost me $112 in total for a Gold PSU.

As for the multiple rails etc, I'm not worried about it at all even if it was an issue. I highly doubt I'll ever go SLI or Crossfire and I'll never have a very high end GPU. I bought a used MSI 465 Golden Edition (bios to 470) as an upgrade to my 8800GT haha.
I never cared how they looked (Well except the NZXT ones, come'on they are awesome snow white).
I care about the performance,

Good to hear the cougar looks that nice in person.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Allstar

I hear you, although I've always subscribed to the thought that you could get both....or at least close enough. In this case I haven't seen anything that would lead me to be concerned about this power supply or give me pause about ordering it. Could I have gotten a better build unit...absolutely. Over the next few years of ownership will I notice any difference or have cause for concern. I highly doubt it. If anything going with this unit (as it's Gold or damn close) should save me a few bucks in the long run compared to the Corsair I have now. I was really thinking about going Platinum but that would have cost me twice as much and wouldn't have been cost effective IMO.

If you have a different point of view I'd love to hear it though. I'm also up for learning something new.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old January 30, 2012, 04:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have the same unit Linus was using in his test bench... Cougar SX Series SX850 850W ATX 24PIN 69A 12V 80PLUS Silver 140MM Modular Power Supply - Cougar - SX850 .. Seems it's no longer available That being said, it's been flawless. Very quiet and stable and the build quality seems to be top notch. Only thing is, if i don't do a black and red theme for my new build when i get my window from MNPCTECH for my 600t i'll likely sell it for one that matches the rest of my system
Old January 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
True, but those aren't the best looking Superflower ones haha.

Well I just picked up my GX700 from NCIX and man is it a nice unit, looks better in person than it does in pictures. Very sexy (for a power supply that is). I have no regrets at all. It also helps that it only cost me $112 in total for a Gold PSU.

As for the multiple rails etc, I'm not worried about it at all even if it was an issue. I highly doubt I'll ever go SLI or Crossfire and I'll never have a very high end GPU. I bought a used MSI 465 Golden Edition (bios to 470) as an upgrade to my 8800GT haha.
Haha I just went out and picked up a cmx today at ncix too and I must say I really like the shade of orange(quite a bit of a redish tint in it). Right now it's running my folding rig just to make sure the psu has no problems before I swap it with my 4yr old corsair one. SO far though it's been super quiet running my 955 stock folding. Pulls about 150w from the wall.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.