Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

PLease keep this thread for PSU-related issues with BFG power supplies.
Old March 17, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
If it wasn't hooked up to anything when it went, I'm not sure why you'd think you'd lose any hardware. You can't kill what's not hooked up. ;)

But the replacement is already on it's way to you via UPS.
Doesn't hurt to try I guess, whah?....
Old March 19, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The only issue is the customers that don't go through the proper channels before getting pissed and posting all over the forums.
This is what everyone should remember. I didn't follow this simple bit of advice, but thankfully there are people like SKYMTL and jonnyGURU that look past it and still do their best to help out.

Got the replacement today. What a beautiful unit! I also an extremely pleased to announce that my PC fired right up and all is well. Thank you jonnyGURU for the outstanding service above and beyond what should be expected of any company. I would also like to add that unlike some other companies I have dealt with in cross border shiping, BFG again proved it knows how to ship to Canada and I didn't get charged anything by UPS (UPS is notorious for charging import fees even when there should be none).

I strongly urge anyone and everyone that ever has a problem with a part bought from SKYMTL to remember this thread and be smart and PM him before ranting on the forum. I should have known better but my emotions got the best of me. Thankfully I didn't spread my muck everywhere I go on the WWW.

Thanks again guys, you have no idea how much I appreciate all your help.
Old March 19, 2008, 11:11 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Glad it worked out for you b1lk1.
Old March 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just would like to add that after putting the screws to my system and turning up the clocks to 3.8Ghz CPU and 700/1025 on the video card and this PSU is just cruising along. I don't hear those straining noises I used to hear when my PC was running stock with the old unit. I really really like the newer model.
Old March 24, 2008, 07:36 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yeah, I just heard the other day that BFG actually sent you out one of their NEW ES-800 models. You should remember that you are one of a VERY select few that have this unit before it is available at retail. :D