Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2011, 08:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

My budget is tight to get my build ready this last paycheck before Skyrim... would you guys say this Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE Strider Gold ST1000-G 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 100% Modular, Active PFC Power Supply is comparable to Newegg.com - SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Modular Power Supply ? Is the platinum worth the extra $75 especially with the 4 extra years of warranty or not really?
Old October 28, 2011, 10:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninstrikr View Post
My budget is tight to get my build ready this last paycheck before Skyrim... would you guys say this Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE Strider Gold ST1000-G 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 100% Modular, Active PFC Power Supply is comparable to Newegg.com - SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Modular Power Supply ? Is the platinum worth the extra $75 especially with the 4 extra years of warranty or not really?
I'd get the Strider gold, its still a very good Enhance PSU.

And in the 3 years the Strider is under warranty, god only knows what they will have.
When I got my strider Silver was just the new 'thing' and it was the highest it got. Now? We have platinum units...
But my strider is still going strong. And it up until recent was powering a lot of folding GPU's.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 29, 2011, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks ST!