Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It usually takes me about 8 hours to single sleeve all the cables for a PSU, but I don't do more than a couple hours at a time. It definitely is hard on the hands.

And SG, I know the staples you are talking about, for a pneumatic stapler. I'll "borrow" some from my finishing carpenter buddy next time I'm over there.
Old September 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It usually takes me about 8 hours to single sleeve all the cables for a PSU, but I don't do more than a couple hours at a time. It definitely is hard on the hands.

And SG, I know the staples you are talking about, for a pneumatic stapler. I'll "borrow" some from my finishing carpenter buddy next time I'm over there.
Yup that is them, I like them better simply because you can hold it in one hand while reg staples I always need/want a third hand to do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 28, 2011, 11:36 AM

My System Specs

I find using two staples a lot easier than using one. You just stick one staple in, you shold be able to feel when it compresses the little pin inside the connecter. Then do the same with stable two. It shouldn't take much force. You can always use a pair of pliers if you are finding it hurting your hand. You don't need to hold the staples in place or anything. Then just pull gently on the wire. If the wire doesn't come easily then try pushing a small hex wrench in the hole on the front of the connector.