Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2011, 07:34 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Basically, Corsair takes an ultra conservative approach that plays to the enthusiast communities strengths, beliefs and biases. IF they do break into the market then and only then to do they "risk it" by changing things up and offering lower models. BUT still keep the high end kit the same.
This is a good point. I almost never will recommend a brand of I don't like their higher end models.
Old September 10, 2011, 08:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
he is getting pissed a lot
like drunk a lot? and you are concerned about his health? Ya then foresures on dat get him a Seasonic... It should give him one reason less to get pissed!
Old September 10, 2011, 08:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Sending my friend 650W OCZ PSU for the fifth time in 3 years next week. Bought a seasonic OEM to replace it since he is getting pissed a lot. Thermaltake PSU ( TR2 ) are also epic junk.
Yeah, the TR2s are complete junk. My friend has been running a 750W ToughPower (CWT OEM?) for three years without a problem, though.
Old September 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've had stellar performance with my OCZ GameXStream 600W up till it died on Friday. Swapped it with an Antec Earthwatts 500 that came with the Sonata III and I'm hating the Earthwatts. The OCZ was a great PSU and I must've had it for at least 5 years, if not more. I filed an RMA on Saturday but I doubt I'll get a replacement or anything since the warranty is for only 3 years. This PSU has been subjected to Folding@Home btw. First just CPU folding, than both SMP + GPU folding. I didn't even know it died till it just refused to get my computer into POST. I guess one clue that it died was when I smelled something burning but couldn't identify where or what was burning, as everything else down in my basement here was chugging along just fine. Only when I tried to turn the computer on did I realize something was wrong.

I also have a OCZ StealthXStream 500W that I got for I believe $10AR, and it's powering my sister's Phenom II rig as well. Her specs is similar to mine, minus a GPU as she's using integrated graphics. So far, I haven't had any problems with it and it's pretty quiet as well. While there is a lot of bashing against OCZ, I myself like their products and will continue to buy them if the price is right. If not, then I might as well get a Corsair AX750/HX750 for just a bit more money.
Old September 21, 2011, 05:39 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have used an OCZ 750w Fatality supply for a year and a half--no problem. Aside from a SSD I had to RMA, I have no beefs with them....
Old September 21, 2011, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The last GameXStream I used took out the motherboard and RAM when it died.