Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   aviod coolermaster PSU's (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/41585-aviod-coolermaster-psus.html)

KaptCrunch March 13, 2011 01:53 PM

aviod coolermaster PSU's

4 Attachment(s)
wonder why they put a warranty seal on PSU ..to hide the poor quality and craftsmanship

brought this garbage from canada computers who won't give copy of bill of sale , purchased 2 yrs used 1 yrs and it killed a 480 video card I believe, CoolerMaster won't honour warranty for no receipts for bill of sale so i make this post since they say screw you on 5 yrs warranty

notice in pic's the circles are shorts, the after fix was a glob that bridged a circuit that not to be connected, those white lines mean something

_dangtx_ March 13, 2011 02:01 PM

if you dont load them up much (and theyre not screwed to begin with) cm's are ok.

KaptCrunch March 13, 2011 02:06 PM

first and last i'd buy again their products for what seen and treated

KaptCrunch March 13, 2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 495226)
if you dont load them up much (and theyre not screwed to begin with) cm's are ok.

proof in the pudding lost a 480 card to this crap product, you can buy them if you believe so

_dangtx_ March 13, 2011 02:22 PM

well i wouldnt use a 500 watt coolermaster with a 480, thats for sure :)

ilya March 13, 2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 495235)
well i wouldnt use a 500 watt coolermaster with a 480, thats for sure :)

Actually, I'd rather use a 500w CM unit instead of this 1000w. Some of their cheaper 500w's are pretty good FSP units, but there's a lot of bad AcBel and Hippro 500w CM units. OTOH, this 1000w is one of Enhance's worst failures.

_dangtx_ March 13, 2011 02:40 PM

wait hes talking about the 1kw one??? ooooh,sorry!

im blind lol.

KaptCrunch March 13, 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 495237)
Actually, I'd rather use a 500w CM unit instead of this 1000w. Some of their cheaper 500w's are pretty good FSP units, but there's a lot of bad AcBel and Hippro 500w CM units. OTOH, this 1000w is one of Enhance's worst failures.

yea looks if they used a 800W coil and added a copper plate on chips heatsink to make 1000W unit

Dr_BenD_over March 13, 2011 03:48 PM

Actually, the white lines, are pretty meaningless. On every design I've worked on, it's the last thing looked at, and it doesn't really matter anyway. The black solder mask on the PCB, hides much, some shorts may not mean anything as the PCB has them joined up anyway (the bottom right looks like it's just one big copper area anyway). Anyway, I wouldn't use a coolermaster PSU ever. (though for the most part, they appear to be quality components)

mkultra March 13, 2011 04:52 PM

/pause flaming for a sec
1. you didn't keep your receipt and it's CM's fault? majority of the companies won't exchange product without proof of purchase...what else is new?
2. if one psu fail, means every other product by that MFG is crap right? By this logic you won't ever buy electronic again i guess
/you can resume flaming