If anybody still cares:

Posted on the EVGA forums:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: EVGATech_JacobF

For anyone that is experiencing the "Low Power Warning Message"

Please use the following driver:

EVGA | Support | 8 Series Driver Download

-Jacob
These are the 169.44 drivers that are supposed to resolve this issue. I haven't had a chance to test them myself yet.
Old March 6, 2008, 08:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

Holy shit, if those work, I'm gonna be super awesome happy. You will be my hero if this works, as last time I checked all they have made no leeway at all

Quick Edit of awesomeness;
Seems to work like a dream! After resetting with only my Quattro in, no power Sentinel came up, so by the looks of it, so far, so good!

Last edited by llama_egg; March 6, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old March 7, 2008, 04:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Holy shit, if those work, I'm gonna be super awesome happy. You will be my hero if this works, as last time I checked all they have made no leeway at all

Quick Edit of awesomeness;
Seems to work like a dream! After resetting with only my Quattro in, no power Sentinel came up, so by the looks of it, so far, so good!
\

Hey~! congrats llama- I dodn't realize that this fix was out either (although I have had no issues)
Old March 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
Rookie

Well, I finally got a chance to reinstall my Corsair VX550 and test this out.

I booted back up with the 169.28 drivers to confirm the problem was still there. Sure enough, the power sentinel warning pops up as soon as Windows has loaded up. I rebooted several times to confirm and the error appeared every single time. 3DMark06 scores are about 1100.

I updated the drivers to 169.44 and there was no power warning. I rebooted several times to confirm and no error appeared. Ran 3DMark to confirm and the scores are now about 11800. Ten times higher.

I am happy to say, this solved my problem.

It's unfortunate that this ever happened, and it took longer to resolve than I like, but in the end I am very satisfied with my purchase.