Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2008, 09:24 PM
Top Prospect

Default Help with Zalman ZM-MFC2 Controller

I received my Zalman ZM-MFC2 Controller this afternoon. The installation went ok, no issues. However, when I powered the unit up - all the display is showing 8888, The Wattage, Temp and Fan RPMs. I powered down and checked again - same. Did I miss something during the install process ? I took the unit out and checked that all the cables are in properly - no change. Any idea please ?

Thanks.
Old January 10, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malam View Post
I received my Zalman ZM-MFC2 Controller this afternoon. The installation went ok, no issues. However, when I powered the unit up - all the display is showing 8888, The Wattage, Temp and Fan RPMs. I powered down and checked again - same. Did I miss something during the install process ? I took the unit out and checked that all the cables are in properly - no change. Any idea please ?

Thanks.
You hooked it 100% properly? Put the usb like cable bracket in and hooked it and so forth?
Old January 10, 2008, 09:50 PM
Top Prospect

Yes, I did. I cross checked again and can't find anything out of place. I suspect there is something I have overlooked, but can't find it.

Update - Jan 11 @ 4.20 pm

Found it ! It was the viewing angle. Unless you look at the display directly, all you see is a bunch of "888". My computer is on the floor (almost) and with this unit you can't look down on it. I am going to try and move the unit to the first bay and see if I can see the display without sitting on the floor !

Update Jan 11 @5.20 pm

Same viewing angle, but better height. I can see the display by bending down from my chair. The reward though is a very whisper quiet system. I let the motherboard control the CPU fan -it normally idle under 800 rpm. I have four other case fans (Scythe SFF21D)- inlet fan, one in front of the PSU at the bottom cage, one exhaust at the back and the top exhaust fan. I have them all at 820-880 rpm.

Last edited by Malam; January 11, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Additional information.