Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2011, 06:04 PM
MVP

Default my first attempt at braiding

Welp, how'd I do? My ATX pin remover is a pain in the ass to use...

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Old January 29, 2011, 06:11 PM

My System Specs

Looks alright for a first attempt. Tip: Just use two staples instead of a pin remover.
Old January 29, 2011, 09:21 PM
MVP

First time always the hardest;) Looks good sleeve is tight - cut shrinks the same length and start them on the pin in the same place and they will look great
Old January 30, 2011, 01:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Doesn't look too bad really, just the heatshrink lengths are off. Here is where I learnt, helped me a lot, maybe it'll help you too :)

YouTube - Computer Cable Sleeving: Single Wire Style Part 1
Old January 30, 2011, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty nice job for a first one! even for overall. I have seen so much crappy job even after years of doing it.for my part, I have to give you some credit of it because I would never do it myself XD ( my secret is to buy pre-sleved extension )

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 30, 2011, 09:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I find it to be to much work then what it's worth but that's just me, if I have the option to buy pre sleeved though I generally do cause it does look better then a non sleeved cable. But I could never see myself doing it manually :(
Old February 1, 2011, 12:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Is it possible to cut down the length of the cables on a modular PSU, then sleeve them, I do not have alot of room in my Lian Li PCQ08.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:42 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Not bad for a first shot, takes a lot of practice and the right tools to do really well.

In response to the question above. Yes you can shorten all your cables but you have to crimp on new ends for every wire. Or you could cut each wire near the connector, shorten to the length needed and re solder the wires together. I feel that re crimping new connectors on is the easiest and safest way to do it.
Old February 2, 2011, 09:50 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I find it to be to much work then what it's worth but that's just me, if I have the option to buy pre sleeved though I generally do cause it does look better then a non sleeved cable. But I could never see myself doing it manually :(
Sleeving, crimpling, soldering... I find it all very relaxing. I love sitting down and spending an entire day watching TV and making PSU wires.