Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2008, 10:44 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry for the triple post, but I've been searching for the past 30 minutes to no avail. You just may want to drop in a line at Gigabyte's Support Center and explain your problem: GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone.
Old January 7, 2008, 10:45 PM
Top Prospect

I tried to install again...This time, its worse. I now get an error "Unsupport Power Type" ! and then it closes. I fired up the Windows XP where I had a working installation and there too, the error "Unsupport Power Type" and then shutdown of software. Does this appear to be a hardware rather than software proplem ? I tried removing the USB connector and restarting Windows. The I reconnected the USB cable and windows shows that the hardware driver is ready for use. However the error remains. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now - no difference.

Thanks for all your help. I have sent reports to Gigabyte Tech Support. If the problem cannot be solved this week, i plan to return the unit for a refund and try something else.

Last edited by Malam; January 7, 2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old January 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Use the link I provided in my last reply, and drop a line at Gigabyte's Support. Not much else to do. Sorry.
Old January 7, 2008, 11:06 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks Charlie - I did yesterday and have sent in another update. I have also started an RMA process with the retailer. I appreciate your time and help. The forum is fantastic. As I indicated earlier, I will try to get a refund and purchase a different power supply.
Regards.
Old January 8, 2008, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

Default An Update

I checked with Gigabyte Tech Zone two hours ago, and they have not done anything to the email that I sent them three days ago with the followup yesterday. I have removed the ODIN unit and replaced it with a Corsair HX620W modular power supply. I will keep an eye on my temperatures, but this is what I have after idling for almost an hour:

Motherboard - 34
CPU - 29
GPU - 44
WD Drive A - 29
WD Drive B - 28
all degrees in Celsius.

So far so good.
Old January 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Too bad for the Odin, but you also have a very good unit in the Corsair.
Old January 8, 2008, 10:06 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks Charlie. I've enjoyed the two days that I've spent with this forum. You guys are fantastic. I'm staying around to learn a few things from you guys.
Old January 8, 2008, 10:13 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Please do stick around. Sorry about the Odin. Even my limited contacts with Gigabyte have been quiet about this issue. Sorry.
Old January 9, 2008, 10:22 AM
Top Prospect

Thanks. What really surprised me most was the fact that they did not even send an email to acknowledge my complaint. Even if I had an email that they are working on a solution I would have waited a bit longer.

Update:

I just received an email a few minutes ago (11:30 am Eastern) from Gigabyte informing me that a new version of the software has been posted. I checked, and a version 0.52 dated Jan 08 has been posted. Unfortunately I have removed the ODIN unit from my computer and will not be able to verify that this release has solved the problems. I hope, though, that it will help others who may decide to buy the ODIN Power Supplies with the P-Tuner software.

Last edited by Malam; January 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: To add new info.